HAVE I COMMITTED A SIN?? :-s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAVE I COMMITTED A SIN?? :-s

Al-Salaam Alaykum Fam'-Its Luminus here.
    'Hope ya'll doin' best in your Iman and health Insha'Allah.

I wanna ask ya'll one thing and I really need a correct answer for it Fam'.
    'Hope ya'll will come up with good advises to help me out Insha'Allah.

Well,

Things are like, a few years back I used to eat a spice (I won't mention its name though but its the one used in cooking in mostly asian dishes); so well, after a while I got addicted to it and started to eat it more and more, I mean I was like I cannot live without it :'( Well, this habit or mine continued on for a span of almost 4-5 year I think until one day a year or two back, I made a firm decision in my heart that Imma stop eatin' this habit now and I asked forgiveness from my Lord and promised Him that from this day on I will not even touch this stuff again Insha'Allah.
    Well, after a year or two I asked for it again from my mamma but I was so scared to eat it coz anyhow I'd promised my Lord that I won't eat it again and now if I broke thsi promise AstagfurAllah which a Believer cannot even think of and eat it, I'm afraid that I would earn my Lord's anger AstagfurAllah.
    Well then, In my heart I repented and asked my Lord that Ya Rabb! Let me eat this one little time, I haven't eaten it in ages and I will never eat it more than once and Ya Rabb! I'm so scared and sorry if You become angry with me and make me one of those outcasts AstagfurAllah, Ya Rabb! I'm so sorry, please help me out.
    However, I ate it again in my ignorance AstagfurAllah. A few days had passed since and then I got this mouth ulcer. I wasn't been able to eat anything and my mouth was all scraped and sore. I knew It was the punishment from my Lord for I broke the promise with Him ASTAGFURALLAH!!!! :'( I cried and repented to my Lord whether I've earned His anger by eating that daym spice again AstagfurAllah and asked again to spare me on condition that I won't eat It again now Insha'Allah..

Well,

A couple of weeks have passed and now today I again ate it! :'( I was so afraid when I had it held in my hand , in my heart I was like Ya Rabb! I ain't no hypocrite, I ain't no contradict, Ya Allah (SWT) You know everything what I am trynna say, You know everything what I'm trynna do, You know everything what is happenin'--Allah (SWT) I dunno what's goin' on, You please help me out and forgive me for I've sinned. Please don't punish me for my ignorance Ya Allah! You please help me out. And I ate it again :'(
    Awwwww and now I'm feelin' remorse Fam', I think I've done the biggest crime on this earth by earning the displeasure of my Lord and now I'm feelin' that something really bad would happen to me:'(
    Awwwww what should I do now Fam'?? PLEASE HELP ME OUT FOR ALLAH'S SAKE!!
    PLEASE GIMME QUICK REPLIES!

SHUKRUN

Your brother in Deen,
    Ahmed

walikumsalaam brother
    thanks for puting ur question

really don't understand once u ate n asked for forgiveness and den again u commited da same thing n den why is that so
    it means u truelly don't repent just for a while
    Allah subhanwaatala forvies only when u truelly make promise that u will not it again

but i have no idea why are u repeating ur sin
    Last edited by _knownothing_; 03-23-2010, 02:23 PM. Reason: ..............some correction
    میں نےجو کیا وہ برا کیا،میں نے خود کو خود ہی تباہ کیا

جو تجھے پسند ہو میرے رب،مجھے اس ادا کی تلاش ہے

http://www.123muslim.com/discussion-...d-arround.html

Comment

Salaams,

Oh no, its no pig Ukhtee!! :'(

Its a common "Halaal" spice which is used in mainly asian dishes... :'(

Comment

Dear bhai i understand what u mean u feel really bad for making a promise then breaking it but realise that a promise with ALLAH TALA is one that can never be broken doesn't matter what the case if u have to go against the whole world be it but never against ALLAH TALA.

i dont understand how u can become so addicted to it and a thing thats sad is that u had an ulcer which u indicated as a punishment from ALLAH TALA so u know u have been punished but u do it again thats not wise or normal.

all i can say is just do sachi tauba once and once only ALLAH TALA'S anger upon us is so much if we do something he does not like that we will not be able to bear it. every time u are going to go against that promise every time ur heart has the intention, remember its the shaitaan making u go against ur promise to ALLAH TALA and its the shaitaan that will lead u into hell, think about the torment of hell and Insha Allah ur heart will fear enough for u to go away from that the from breaking the promise.

another thing there is no point in making a promise if u are going to break it even though u dont have the intention everytime u do break it u are sinning so dont make the promise again just repent from the sin and fight ur nafs against it and remeber ALLAH TALA at all times Insha Allah he will give u enough strength to defeat the devil and avoid the sin.

Thats all the advice i can give u i wish u good luck may ALLAH TALA firgive u and all us guneghar muslims. Ameen.
        “The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.”

Comment

Salaams,

JazakAllahu Ghairan my sister, I completely get what you mean Alhamdulillah. May Allah (SWT) reward you for this good act. Really, its a thing to ponder on...

Comment

Originally posted by [ Ļϋмįήцş™] View Post
            Salaams,

Oh no, its no pig Ukhtee!! :'(

Its a common "Halaal" spice which is used in mainly asian dishes... :'(

walikumsalaam

ooooppppppsssse extremely sorry
            i didn't get that in da begning : (

Comment

LOL! Ain't no problem sis-ter!!!

Comment

but tell me one thing if it is halal den why are u making it harm for u
                those things which are halal we should not say so strongly about not eating dem

i have n0 idea why are u doing this any reason

Comment

http://www.123muslim.com/quran/10606...am-ayat53.html

read dis bro it will help u

Comment

Originally posted by _knownothing_ View Post
                    but tell me one thing if it is halal den why are u making it harm for u
                    those things which are halal we should not say so strongly about not eating dem

i have n0 idea why are u doing this any reason
                    Coz I was addicted to it na, and thanks for that-I will read it Insha'Allah

Comment

jazaqallah

Our Lord! grant us good in this world

and good in the hereafter,
                      and save us from the chastisement of the fire

Comment

Originally posted by [ Ļϋмįήцş™] View Post
                        Salaams,

JazakAllahu Ghairan my sister, I completely get what you mean Alhamdulillah. May Allah (SWT) reward you for this good act. Really, its a thing to ponder on...
                        u welcome bhai

Ameen

i just hope u do ponder over it and it stops u sinning
                        “The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.”

Comment

..yeah IA.. Pray for me ya'll...

Comment

inshaAllah.......
                            Ye sab Tumhara karam hai Aqqa ki baat ab tak bani hui hai
                            sigpic

Comment

I am really sad to read a few comments as people are giving their own fatwas without clear knowledge or asking a learned person e.g Mufti or a learned practicing scholar.
                              I had read ur question some after u posted but didnt reply as i had to confirm about it and now that i have obtained clear answer from a Scholar so i m giving the answer here

Brother the scholar said that there is no Sin but u should not make such promises.
                              Thats all.
                              Hopefully the users who gave their own opinions would repent and get their answers removed and be more careful and here onward.
                              As the curse of Angels is upon those who give Fatwa without knowledge or give the wrong fatwa.
                              We should always bear in mind that there are learned people i.e scholars whom should be consulted in case of any issue and not give our own opinion.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X