X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Story of the Hairdresser of Pharaohs Daughter + The Wife of Pharaoh

In the name of Allah, the Most-Merciful, the All-Compassionate

"May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon You"

Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.

Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah
    As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

The Story of the Hairdresser of Pharaohs Daughter

It was narrated that Ibn Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “On the night on which I was taken on the Night Journey (Isra), a beautiful fragrance came to me.

I said: O Jibreel, what is this beautiful fragrance?
    He said: This is the fragrance of the hairdresser of Pharaohs daughter and her children.
    I said: What is their story?

He said: Whilst she was combing the hair of Pharaohs daughter one day, the iron comb fell from her hand and she said, Bismillaah (in the name of Allaah).

The daughter of Pharaoh said: "My father?"
    She said: No. My Lord and the Lord of your father is Allaah.

Daughter said: I will tell him about that.
    She said: Yes.

So she told him and the Pharaoh summoned her and said:
    O So and so, do you have a Lord other than me?

She said: Yes, my Lord and your Lord is Allaah.

He ordered that a baqarah (lit. “cow”) made of copper be heated up, then he ordered that she and her children be thrown into it.

She said: I have a request to make of you.

He said: What is your request?

She said: I would like my bones and my childrens bones to be gathered together in one cloth and buried.

He said: This will be done for you.

He ordered that her children be thrown into it in front of her, one by one, until they came to the last one who was an infant boy who was still being breastfed.

It was as if she wavered because of him, but he said: O mother, go ahead, for the punishment of this world is easier to bear than the punishment of the hereafter.

So she went ahead.”

Ibn Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:
    Four infants spoke:
    Eesa ibn Maryam (peace be upon him),
    the companion of Jurayj,
    the witness of Yoosuf
    and the son of the hairdresser of Pharaohs daughter.

Narrated by Imam Ahmad in al-Musnad (1/309), al-Tabaraani (12280), Ibn Hibbaan (2903) and al-Haakim (2/496).

Al-Dhahabi said in al-Aluw (84): This hadeeth has a hasan isnaad. Ibn Katheer said in al-Tafseer (3/15): There is nothing wrong with its isnaad. Its isnaad was classed as saheeh by the scholar Ahmad Shaakir in his commentary on al-Musnad (4/295). Al-Arnaoot said in Takhreej al-Musnad (5/30-31, no. 2821): Its isnaad is hasan.

Thus it is clear that this story is saheeh and is proven from our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and it is not taken from Jewish or Christian sources.

With regard to the phrase “He ordered that a baqarah (lit. “cow”) made of copper be heated up”, Ibn al-Atheer said in al-Nihaayah (1/145): Al-Haafiz Abu Moosa said: It seems to me that this does not refer to something that was made in the shape of a cow, rather it may have been a vast pot or kettle, which they called a baqarah, taken from the word tabaqqur which means vastness, or it may have been something that could have held a whole cow because of its large size, so it was called thus.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Question and Answer - The story of the hairdresser of Pharaoh’s daughter

Aasiyah bint Mazaahim , The Wife of Pharaoh

The holy Quran has presented Aasiyah bint Mazaahim as one of the best role models for women.

Aasiyah greatness is in the fact that although she was the wife of one of the most Powerful, arrogant and tyrant rulers of Egypt, she was able to see and accept the truth in message of Prophet Moses.

For her, wealth, beauty or status was not the main criterion of human excellence; she realized that without faith in God, a human being has nothing.

God had chosen her to provide refuge to Moses when he was an infant.

When her maids brought the cradle of Moses from the river, she insisted to Pharaoh that she wanted to adopt that infant as a child:

The wife of Pharaoh said: "(Here is) joy of the eye, for me and for thee: slay him not. It may be that he will be use to us, or we may adopt him as a son." And they perceived not (what they were doing)! (28:9)

Aasiyah bint Mazaahim had declared her faith in the message of God after witnessing the miracle of Moses in the Court of Pharaoh; and after witnessing the death of another believing, woman under torture.

Pharaoh tried to turn her away from the God of Moses and sought her mothers help.

But Aasiyah refused to reject the God of Moses.

Pharoah said "Believe ye in Him before I give you permission? Surely this must be your leader who has taught you magic! Be sure I will cut off your hands and feet on opposite sides, and I will have you crucified on trunks of palm trees: so shall ye know for certain, which of us can give the more severe and the more lasting punishment!"
    The noble Quran 20:71

On Pharaohs order, she was tortured to death.

The Quran sets her as an example for the believers to stay away from evil and sin despite the full assualt of the devil:

God sets forth an example for those who believe- the wife of Pharaoh who said: "My Lord, build for me with You a house in Heaven, and save me from the Pharaoh and his doings, and save me from an unjust people."
    The Noble Quran 66:11

In this lady, we see the example of supreme sacrifice:

By marrying Pharaoh, Asiya bint Muzahim became the Queen of Egypt, she gained everything that she wanted in this worldly life from the materialistic point of view: the best of clothes, food, palaces, jewels, servants and maids, etc.

But she sacrificed all that to be closer to Allah.

And that is why we see her included by the Prophet in the list of the four women who attained the level of perfection.

It was narrated that Ibn Abbaas said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) drew four lines on the ground, then he said, “Do you know what this is?”

We said, “Allaah and His Messenger know best.”

The Messenger of Allaah (pbuh) said:

“The best of the women of Paradise are

Khadeejah bint Khuwaylid,

Faatimah bint Muhammad,

Aasiyah bint Mazaahim the wife of Pharaoh,

and Maryam bint Imraan –

may Allaah be pleased with them.”

(Narrated by Ahmad, 2663. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami, 1135)

It was narrated from Anas that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Sufficient for you among the women of the world are Maryam the daughter of Imraan. Khadeejah bint Khuwaylid, Faatimah bint Muhammad and Aasiyah the wife of Pharaoh.” (Narrated and classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi, 3878)

Our Lord! grant us good in this world

and good in the hereafter,
    and save us from the chastisement of the fire

jazzak Allah
    sigpicNever say “HI” instead
    say ASSALAM-O-ALAIKUM
    Never say “BYE” instead
    say “ALLAH HAFIZ”.
    Do not ignore your reality, u r MUSLIM

Comment

faith

assalamuilikum may Allah direct my life and bestow his bounty on me and the muslims and grant us janaat.

Comment

Jub Dam-e-wapasi ho Ya-Allah
        Samne ho Jalwa-e-Mustafa
        Lub pe Ho
        LA ILAHA ILLALLAH MUHAMMEDOUR RASOOLULLAH

Comment

Barakallah

Our Lord! grant us good in this world

and good in the hereafter,
          and save us from the chastisement of the fire

Comment

Working...