Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allaah Is 'al-mutakabbir'‏

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

As-Salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu dear brothers and sisters in Islam.

I hope this message reaches you all best of Imaan and health, inshaAllah.

I would like to inshaAllah post every Friday a very beneficial thread dedicated to the One and Only One who is worthy of praise, Allah(Subhanahu wa taAala). The greatest pleasure for a soul is knowing Allah(Subhanahu wa TaAala) for He is the rightful and powerful owner of all in the heavens, earths and all in between. The more you know Allah(Subhanahu wa TaAala) the more strong connection you got through the heavens, earths and all in between, just imagine that glory in this.

Just like anyone, if you want to know a person you must get to know them, and if you want to get to know them, you must have a relationship and to have a relationship there must be consistent communication (in this case, via the Quran and Sunnah, through prayers...etc). A good ayat to use as evidence is the following:

Quote:
    2:152. Therefore remember Me (by praying, glorifying, etc.). I will remember you, and be grateful to Me (for My countless Favours on you) and never be ungrateful to Me.
    Quote:
    62:9. O you who believe (Muslims)! When the call is proclaimed for the Salat (prayer) on the day of Friday (Jumu'ah prayer), come to the remembrance of Allah [Jumu'ah religious talk (Khutbah) and Salat (prayer)] and leave off business (and every other thing), that is better for you if you did but know!
    Quote:
    62:10. Then when the (Jumu'ah) Salat (prayer) is finished, you may disperse through the land, and seek the Bounty of Allah (by working, etc.), and remember Allah much, that you may be successful.
    Anyways, to continue, i would like to post every Friday a thread that will inshaAllah help us learn about Allah(Subhanahu wa TaAala) through His names and attributes which obviously has great rewards and power to them. I hope you sincerely take your time to read, read and read and then ponder it and apply it inshaAllah.

AL-MUTAKABBIR

He Who Reveals His Greatness in All

He is Allah—there is no deity but Him. He is the King, the Most Pure, the Perfect Peace, the Trustworthy, the Safeguarder, the Almighty, the Compeller, the Supremely Great . Glory be to Allah above all they associate with Him. ( Surat al-Hashr, 59:23)

llah describes His greatness through the examples He gives in the Qur'an. For example, when Prophet Musa (as) requested “My Lord, show me Yourself so that I may look at You!” Allah replied: "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain. If it remains firm in its place, then you will see Me.” The rest of the account is related, as follows:

... But when His Lord manifested Himself to the mountain, He crushed it flat and Musa fell unconscious to the ground. When he regained consciousness, he said: “Glory be to You!...” ( Surat al-A‘raf, 7:143)

When Prophet Ibrahim (as) said: “My Lord, show me how You bring the dead to life,” Allah replied: “Take four birds and train them to yourself. Then put a part of them on each mountain and call to them; they will come rushing to you. Know that Allah is Almighty, All-Wise.” ( Surat al-Baqara, 2:260) This way, Allah showed him a sign of His greatness.

Allah told Prophet Lut (as) to leave his city early in the morning with the believers and not to look back. That morning, He destroyed the unbelieving nation and rescued Prophet Lut (as). Allah made the fire coolness and peace for Prophet Ibrahim (as). By the hands of Prophet ‘Isa (as), He healed the blind and brought the dead to life. In the time of Prophet Musa (as), He parted the sea and drowned Pharaoh's army. This is how Allah manifests His greatness and part of His infinite power.

Allah openly reveals His greatness and power at every moment and in every incident. At dawn, He sends a hurricane toward those who greedily feel attached to this life of the world, or turns their cities upside down and makes them uninhabitable. This way, He strips them of their possessions and goods.

He submerges an entire city by pouring a heavy rain upon it, or ruins it by sending a great earthquake. The skies and the ground, the wind and the rain, all of which act under His surveillance, bring an unseen destruction to that city, and its people witness Allah's overwhelming power. No doubt, Allah is al-Mutakabbir . In the face of His power and strength, no one can become arrogant. He is the sole authority before Whom all will prostrate.

P.S
    Narrated by al-Daarimi, 3407. This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami, 6471)
    “Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on the day of Jumu’ah, will have a light that will shine from him from one Friday to the next.”

MORAL OF AL-MUTAKABBIR: Never be arrogant in the kingdom of AL-MUTAKABBIR, if you do, you will be disgraced and destroyed. Be the most humblest and you will deserve the love and guidance of Allah(Subhannahu wa ta Aala) InshaAllah.

BarakaAllahu feekum

Your brother in Islam.

Wa alaykumu salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Subhanallah - lovely post

Comment

Working...
    X