Do good to parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do good to parents

In Surah Isra (Bani-Israel), Allah Ta'ala states "And your Lord commanded that worship not any else except Him and do good to parents. If either or both of them reach old age before you, utter not even a faint cry to them and chide them not and speak to them the word of respect. And spread for them the arm of humility with tender heart and say, "O my Lord: Have mercy on these both as they brought me up in my childhood." (Surah Isra, verse 23-24)

In another place He states "And we have stressed on man concerning his parents, his mother bore him undergoing weakness upon weakness and his weaning takes two years, Give thanks to Me and to your parents. Lastly the return is towards Me. And if they both strive to make you associate with Me a thing of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not and accompany them in the world very well and follow him who turned to me repenting, then to Me is your return. I shall inform you what you used to do." (Surah Luqman, verse 14-15)

In Surah Baqarah it is stated "And when We took covenant from the children of Israel that worship none save Allah and do good to parents." (Surah Baqarah, verse 83)

"Oh Beloved Say, whatever wealth you spend in good, then that is for parents and near relatives and orphans and the needy and the wayfarer. And whatsoever good you do, no doubt, Allah knows it." (Surah Baqarah, verse 215)

"And worship Allah, and do not associate anyone with Him and do good to parents" (Surah Nisa, verse 36)

"We have insisted on man to be kind towards parents. And if they strive to make you associate with Me of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not. To Me is your return, then I will inform you, what you used to do." (Surah Ankabut, verse 8)
    Hadrat Anas Radi ALLAH Taala Anhu reported that the Messenger of Allah Peace And Blessings Be Upon Him has said, “Everything has a heart, and the heart of the Qur’an is Yasin. Allah records anyone who recites Yasin as having recited the Qur’an ten times.”
    [Sunan Tirmidhi, Vol 2, Page 116 - Sunan Daarimi, Vol 2, Page 336]

This ayah and the ayahs from Surah Luqman and an ayah in Surah Ahqaf were revealed in respect of Sa'ad Bin Waqas radiallaho ta'ala anhu. According to Ibn Ishaaq, it was revealed regarding Sa'ad bin Malik Zahri radiallaho ta'ala anhu. His mother was Hasna bint Abu Sufyan bin Umayya bin Abdus Shamsh. Hazrat Sa'ad radiallaho ta'ala anhu was one of the early converts and used to treat his mother very well. When he accepted Islam, his mother said, "What is this that you have done? I swear by Allah, if you do not forsake this new religion, then I will neither eat nor drink, up to the point that I will die. You will be despised forever and it will be said that you killed your mother." Then the old lady stopped eating and drinking and became very weak because of this. She did this for a few more days. Hazrat Sa'ad came to his mother and said, "Oh my mother, if you had 100 lives and one by one you would lose them all, even then I would not leave this religion of mine. You can choose to eat or not, but I am not going to forsake my religion. When she saw how firm Hazrat Sa'ad radiallaho ta'ala anho was in his resolve she was disheartened and started to eat and drink. Upon this incident these verses were revealed and the order was given that treat your parents well but if they order you to commit infidelity or polytheism then they must not be obeyed. (Khaza-inul Irfan).
    Hadrat Anas Radi ALLAH Taala Anhu reported that the Messenger of Allah Peace And Blessings Be Upon Him has said, “Everything has a heart, and the heart of the Qur’an is Yasin. Allah records anyone who recites Yasin as having recited the Qur’an ten times.”

Comment

Other than infidelity and going against the commands of Allah Ta'ala, you should always attempt to make them happy. If they order you to disobey Allah Ta'ala then you are allowed to ignore their commands.

Comment

jazakAllah ............
        میں نےجو کیا وہ برا کیا،میں نے خود کو خود ہی تباہ کیا

جو تجھے پسند ہو میرے رب،مجھے اس ادا کی تلاش ہے

http://www.123muslim.com/discussion-...d-arround.html

Comment

jazzak Allah
          sigpicNever say “HI” instead
          say ASSALAM-O-ALAIKUM
          Never say “BYE” instead
          say “ALLAH HAFIZ”.