No announcement yet.

Saudi Arabia: Arab scholar denies support to Al-Ghamdi’s views on gender mixing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi Arabia: Arab scholar denies support to Al-Ghamdi’s views on gender mixing

Saudi Arabia: Arab scholar denies support to Al-Ghamdi’s views on gender mixing

By Md al-Sulami
    JEDDAH, (Arab News): A leading Saudi religious scholar, Sheikh Qays Al-Mubarak has denied that he ever supported the views of Sheikh Ahmad Qasim Al-Ghamdi, the chief of the Haia in Makkah, on free mixing of genders.

“Al-Ghamdi’s claim that I supported his view on the permissibility of ikhtilat (gender mixing) is something that never happened in the past and will not in the future,” Al-Mubarak said in a question-and-answer session at the College of Shariah and Islamic Studies in the University of Qassim on Sunday.

“Al-Ghamdi’s statement about me is devoid of truth. I never discussed ikhtilat with him,” Al-Mubarak said, adding that the type of views expressed by Al-Ghamdi should not come from a serious student of Shariah.

The Islamic scholar also described Al-Ghamdi’s views as dangerous.

Al-Ghamdi had claimed in a television show called “Idaat” on Al-Arabiya channel that Al-Mubarak supported his view that ikhtilat was lawful.

Al-Ghamdi’s view contradicted the view held by the former grand mufti of Saudi Arabia, the late Sheikh Abdulaziz bin Baz, and the present grand mufti, Sheikh Abdulaziz Al-Asheikh, on the subject.

Al-Asheikh has made his stand on the issue clear saying “the incidence of gender-mixing in any field of life shatters a barrier of protection and brings upon the people — whether they like it or not — woes and miseries. The Shariah has created the barrier to block misfortunes befalling upon people. Gender-mixing has brought about countless sufferings and evil to the world. If Muslims had deep knowledge they would have learned that the Law of God is a defense against degeneration and aberration.”

He added that a woman mingling with men without a mahram is likely to be drawn to promiscuity.
    میں نےجو کیا وہ برا کیا،میں نے خود کو خود ہی تباہ کیا

جو تجھے پسند ہو میرے رب،مجھے اس ادا کی تلاش ہے

http://www.123muslim.com/discussion-...d-arround.html
Working...
X