The Night of Deliverance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Night of Deliverance

The fifteenth night of the month of Sha’baan, commencing with sunset, is a highly auspicious night. It is known as Shab-e-Baraat – tha Night of Deliverance from sins.

Authentic Traditions reveal that the account of a person’s activities of the last year is closed this evening and simultaneously fresh account is opened for the new year. In this night Allah passes of His Knowledge of every individual’s activities in the year ahead to the angels concerned.

It is revealed to us in Traditions that in this night Allah proclaims : Is there any seeker of deliverance from sins? Then I forgive him his sins. Is there any seeker of happiness ? Then I make him happy. Is there any seeker of provisions ? Then I provide him with provisions. Is there any seeker? Is there any seeker?

The giver is bent upon giving In this night. Where is the taker? If the taker is sleeping, he is the loser. Therefore, Allah’s Messenger (Blessing of Allah and Peace be on him), the Mercy for the universe, has advised is to keep awake the whole night and occupy ourselves in the recitation of the Qur’aan, voluntary namaaz (Nafl), visiting the graveyard and putting forth supplications before the Almighty Allah for the fulfillment of our material as well as spiritual desires. It is set out in Traditions that three hundred gates of Allah’s Mercy are opened this night and all supplicants are granted their prayers except the polytheist, the sorcerer, the astrologer, the miser, the drinker of wine, malicious, the usurer and the adulterer. Therefore let everyone repent sincerely for his past misdeeds and wrong beliefs, make a vow to Allah that he shall never indulge in these and other vices and then stick to his vow in order fo derive the utmost benefit of the Divine Gifts showered in this night.

Brother
    Jub Dam-e-wapasi ho Ya-Allah
    Samne ho Jalwa-e-Mustafa
    Lub pe Ho
    LA ILAHA ILLALLAH MUHAMMEDOUR RASOOLULLAH

Comment

Working...
    X