Hijaab is an Attitude, not a Fashion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hijaab is an Attitude, not a Fashion

Wearing the Hijaab isn't just a matter of simply putting a piece of cloth on your head, it is an attitude, a way of thinking and behaving, and accepting yourself for who and what you are. Basically it constitutes an Islamic way of life, it is a statement which indeed should portray a certain attitude.

A woman may indeed wear a long skirt and a scarf, but if she flirts constantly, then she can't be really described as wearing the Hijaab (Indeed clothes should be long, loose and not see through, after which any style of clothing is applicable). The whole idea involves conducting oneself with dignity at all times (that means running for the bus and boisterous behaviour in public is not a good idea!!). As previously mentioned, the Hijaab depicts a statement, and that is something one should be continually aware of. It identifies you as a Muslim, and ultimately people will judge Islam by you, and that is a heavy responsibility!! Yet sisters, we must also be thankful that by wearing the Hijaab, we go a long way in fulfilling our duties of Dawah. Curiosity prompts people to question us, giving us the opportunity to show the non-muslims the beauty of our religion. O.k., so we may get the stares at times (to which one rapidly becomes immune), but it is amazing how many are sincerely interested, oh and not to forget the redoubtable old British ladies on the Tube ("Oh I do like your headdress, my dear!!!").

Hijaab isn't meant to restrict you from doing the kind of things you want to do, it is a blessing because it makes us check our behaviour continuously, preventing us from doing the things that muslims shouldn't be doing anyway. Anything (with the blessings of the Almighty, is possible) -studying, working etc. etc. -provided it is within the bounds of Islam (Halal).

Sometimes, however the decision to wear the Hijaab can become extra complicated through external pressures, notably family and friends. Unfortunately, even some muslims nowadays look upon the Hijaab as being too "extreme", and the like and when these attitudes come from members of your family then the decision becomes all the more difficult. Speaking from experience, things do change, because ultimately, you are doing this for Allah (s.w.t), and he will make it easy for you, by "softening" the hearts of those that may not be all that encouraging. Eventually they themselves will want to follow you because deep down they know that it is the right thing to do. If that doesn't help, then this should convince you:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said : Allah the Almighty says:

"I am as my servant thinks I am...If he draws near to Me a hand's span, I draw near to him an arms length; and if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes walking, I go to him at speed."

On the other side, it is important to ascertain the motive for wearing the Hijaab. If you are thinking of wearing it to please your husband, to impress people at the mosque, or just as a change, then please think again. Hijaab (as with everything else) is to please Allah (s.w.t) only, any other motive will not sustain that conviction.

A word also to our brothers; Hijaab may seem to be merely a woman's issue, but that is not so. Muslim men have to follow a dress code too, no matter if it isn't as extensive as for women it still exists! The men, like women, should also wear loose clothes -so no tight fitting jeans please!! Their attitude to all women should also always remain respectful and business like, as the women's attitude to men should be.
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, Help me to remember that, your love is greater than my disappointments & your plans For my life are better than my dreams..

jazakAllah sis
    میں نےجو کیا وہ برا کیا،میں نے خود کو خود ہی تباہ کیا

جو تجھے پسند ہو میرے رب،مجھے اس ادا کی تلاش ہے

http://www.123muslim.com/discussion-...d-arround.html

Comment

Hadrat Anas Radi ALLAH Taala Anhu reported that the Messenger of Allah Peace And Blessings Be Upon Him has said, “Everything has a heart, and the heart of the Qur’an is Yasin. Allah records anyone who recites Yasin as having recited the Qur’an ten times.”
      [Sunan Tirmidhi, Vol 2, Page 116 - Sunan Daarimi, Vol 2, Page 336]

Comment

Working...
      X