Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs of Allah in Dreams

Signs of Allah in Dreams

Islam tells us that a person in the grave is either enjoying a peaceful stay or going through punishments depending on his/her deeds. However, many people doubt this fact. This is due to the reason that when a grave is dug, we do not see any fire burning people or gigantic snakes biting dead bodies. All we see are bones mixed with soil. Well, then where is the punishment or peace? Whether we can see it or not, the promise of Allah is true. Allah gave us many things to understand things better. He tells us that there are signs in His creations for those who think. To understand this particular issue (grave) better, we can examine our dreams. Say, a person is sleeping right beside you. He is seeing a dream where some people are trying to kill him. They catch him and starts beating him. Finally, they take out a gun and shoots him. You are sitting beside this sleeping individual, but you do not see any of these things. However, he is experiencing all these things, it's just you cannot see. The same way, that individual in the grave is going through all the things that are promised by Allah, it's just we cannot see.

There are important purposes in dreams for someone who reflects. Such a person thinks about how "realistic" the dreams are that he sees while asleep, which in that way are no different in their realism from the moment he awakes. For instance, despite one person's body lying on the bed, in dream he went on business trips, met new people, and had lunch while listening to music. He enjoyed the taste of his meal, danced to the music, became excited because of the incidents that happened, became happy and unhappy, was afraid and felt tired. He could even have driven a vehicle that he had not previously driven until that day and did not even know how to drive.

So, you can experience, see, touch, hear and taste things that are not only real but also things that are unreal.
    I♥ALLAH

Hadrat Anas Radi ALLAH Taala Anhu reported that the Messenger of Allah Peace And Blessings Be Upon Him has said, “Everything has a heart, and the heart of the Qur’an is Yasin. Allah records anyone who recites Yasin as having recited the Qur’an ten times.”
    [Sunan Tirmidhi, Vol 2, Page 116 - Sunan Daarimi, Vol 2, Page 336]

Comment

Jazk Allah.
      I believe what you wrote, Sister, because I read an article years ago that scientists had invented a machine in which a prisoner/criminal is put in, where for a few minutes he experiences like what we experience in dreams. Depending on seriousness of the crime, a criminal gets his punishment for a few minutes but he experiences/feels the problems exactly as if he had actually been punished, may be for life and so and when he come out of the machine, he feels so frighten to go again in the machine that he stops commiting further crime.
      ANY THING DONE FOR A GOOD CAUSE IS A PRAYER

Comment

jazakAllah sis rightly said
        میں نےجو کیا وہ برا کیا،میں نے خود کو خود ہی تباہ کیا

جو تجھے پسند ہو میرے رب،مجھے اس ادا کی تلاش ہے

http://www.123muslim.com/discussion-...d-arround.html

Comment

Thanks for this eye opening post

Comment

jazakallah righty sed sis

Comment

Peace

If there is punishment (or reward) in the grave - does that mean that JUDGMENT has already been passed? If so, what need JUDGMENT DAY?

My own research is contrary to this:

23:12 Indeed, We created the human being from the essence of clay. [22:5]
              23:13 Then We placed him as the male and female gametes in a safe lodging.
              23:14 Then We fashioned the gametes into zygote, a leech-like mass of flesh, then the hanging little lump, the embryo. Then We created bones within the embryonic lump, and then clothed the bones with flesh, designing it into the fetus. And then We made it a new creation (the human infant). So Blessed is Allah, The Best of creators.
              23:15 AND THEN, AFTER ALL THIS, YOU ARE DESTINED TO DIE.
              23:16 ON THE DAY OF RESURRECTION YOU ARE RAISED AGAIN. [84:19]

58:6 ON THE DAY WHEN Allah WILL RAISE ALL OF THEM TOGETHER, HE WILL INFORM THEM OF WHAT THEY TRULY ACCOMPLISHED. Allah keeps a meticulous record even though they may have forgotten it. Allah is Witness over all things.

80:19 From the male and the female gametes He created him, and then fashioned him in due proportion.
              80:20 And then makes the way easy for him. [Endowed him with faculties]
              80:21 Then causes him to die and brings him to disintegrated states. [Qabr = Grave = Disintegrated state 36:52]
              80:22 Then, when He wills, He shall raise him to life again.

40:16 On that Day when they come forth, not a thing of them will be hidden from Allah. Whose will be the Kingdom that Day? Allah’s, the One, the Dominating.
              40:17 THAT DAY EVERY ‘SELF’ WILL BE REWARDED FOR WHATEVER IT HAS EARNED. No injustice will be done on that Day. Surely, Allah is Swift in taking account.

75:3 Does the human being think that WE WILL NOT ASSEMBLE HIS BONES?
              75:4 We have the power to restore his very finger tips.
              75:5 But man is after subverting his own future.
              75:6 (Yet) he asks, “When will this Day of Resurrection be?”
              75:7 But when the sight is dazzled,
              75:8 And the moon is darkened.
              75:9 And the sun and the moon are brought together.
              75:10 On that Day man will wonder, "Where to flee!"
              75:11 But, nay! No height to mount above the turmoil!
              75:12 Unto your Lord that Day is the resting place.
              75:13 ON THE DAY WHEN MAN IS APPRISED OF ALL HIS ACTS of commission and omission. [All he has done and left undone. All deeds that advanced him and kept him behind]

To me it sounds like the time in the grave is like sleep - you go to sleep, you wake up and don't realise the passing of time. Remember you need a brain in order to dream - and death is NOT sleep - so don't use the dream analogy.

And Allah Almighty knows best...

Peace
              d
              Last edited by darcus; 01-05-2011, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darcus View Post
                Peace

If there is punishment (or reward) in the grave - does that mean that JUDGMENT has already been passed? If so, what need JUDGMENT DAY?

To me it sounds like the time in the grave is like sleep - you go to sleep, you wake up and don't realise the passing of time. Remember you need a brain in order to dream - and death is NOT sleep - so don't use the dream analogy.

And Allah Almighty knows best...

Peace
                d
                I dont Know what kind of believer u are who is talking about Quran and looking for Points that are most obvious through the Ahadeeth-e Nabvi Sal Allaho Alaihe Wasallam Allah Almighty has said in Quraan that Quran is a light ,Peace and blessing for those who believe and those who try to find things to create misconception and misunderstanding and use Ayat of Allah for their own purpose Allah indulge them in open distraction and confuse them with that....
                Any ways in the ayat of quraan you reported there is nowhere written that there will be no Punishment in grave and the time in grave is like a sleep that u dont realize when passed...!!
                If u Had also read Ahadeeth on the topic of Punishments of grave u wud not have said that...this all is bcoz of lack of knowledge plz consult to Ahadeeth on this topic...
                some of referrences are here
                Hadeeth Sahih Bukhari Vol 2 no. 1375,1376,1377,1378
                Some of Ayat in which the punishment of Grave is described indirectly are
                Al-An'aam 93
                Al-Mu'min 45,46
                Al-Tur 45
                Al-Takathir 1,2
                Ta'ha 124
                As-Sajdah 21
                Al-Touba 101
                And it is true that punishment of grave are not described directly in Quraan But As it is described directly in Ahadeeth so it is obvious as what is said by Prophet Muhammad Sal Allaho Alaihe Wasallam is also exactly what Allah Said to him he never said any thing from his own experience all what he said in Ahadeeth is revelation....
                I hope ur misundertading is clear now...!!
                Last edited by bint-e-anwar; 01-07-2011, 07:21 PM.
                sigpic
                ایک ھوں مسلم حرم کی پاسبانی کے لیے
                نیل کے سا حل سے لے کرتابخاکِ کاشغر

Comment

Bint-e-Anwar,

Can you please help and give your references clearly so that they can be easily searched? The transliteration of the surah names is poor - so give 6:93 for al-An'am (Cattle)...
                  In regards to your hadith references, again, can you give volume, book and hadith number? I don't know which version of hadiths you're using which only uses volume and hadith number in that method... please specify so that I can check... I am unlike most cattle you meat in that I don't blindly follow - I am responsible for all information I incorporate into my Deen.

Allah Knows Best
                  d

Comment

Originally posted by darcus View Post
                    Bint-e-Anwar,

Can you please help and give your references clearly so that they can be easily searched? The transliteration of the surah names is poor - so give 6:93 for al-An'am (Cattle)...
                    In regards to your hadith references, again, can you give volume, book and hadith number? I don't know which version of hadiths you're using which only uses volume and hadith number in that method... please specify so that I can check... I am unlike most cattle you meat in that I don't blindly follow - I am responsible for all information I incorporate into my Deen.

Allah Knows Best
                    d
                    Brother as per ur request i am writing it according to method u described
                    006:93(The Cattle)
                    040:45-46(The Forgiver or The Believer)
                    052:45 (The Mount)
                    102:1-2(The Piling up The Emulous Desire)
                    020:124(Ta-Ha)
                    032:21(The Prostration)
                    009:101(The Repentance) the most important reffernce in regard of Punishment in grave
                    Last edited by bint-e-anwar; 01-08-2011, 01:40 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

With regard to the question of whether the punishment in the grave is continuous or it may stop:

Ibn al-Qayyim said:

The answer is that the punishment in the grave is of two types:

A type which is continuous, apart from what has been narrated in some ahaadeeth which say that it will be reduced during the period between the two blasts of the Trumpet, then when they are raised from their graves, they will say:

“Woe to us! Who has raised us up from our place of sleep.” [Yaa-Seen 36:52 – interpretation of the meaning].

Further evidence that this punishment will be continuous is to be seen in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“The Fire, they are exposed to it, morning and afternoon” [Ghaafir 40:46]

This is also indicated by the hadeeth of Samurah which was narrated by al-Bukhaari, about the dream in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw that being done to him (the person who was being punished in the grave) until the Day of Resurrection.

And by the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas about the story of the two palm branches, where the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed that the punishment (of the people in the two graves) would be reduced as long as the palm branches did not dry out, so the lessening of the punishment was connected only to the period of time that the branches remained fresh.

And by the hadeeth of Rabee’ ibn Anas from Abu’l-‘Aaliyah from Abu Hurayrah, then he [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] came to some people whose heads were being smashed with rocks, and every time they were smashed, they were then restored, and they would have no respite from that.

And by the story in al-Saheeh of the man who put on two garments and strutted about in an arrogant manner, so Allaah caused the earth to swallow him up, and he will remain sinking down into it until the Day of Resurrection.

And by the hadeeth of al-Baraa’ ibn ‘Aazib about the story of the kaafir for whom a door to Hell will be opened (in his grave) and he will look upon his place in Hell until the Hour comes. This was narrated by Ahmad, and in some versions it was said that that a hole will be made in his grave and he will feel its distress and smoke until the Resurrection.

The second kind: which will last for a while, and then stop.

This is the punishment of some sinners whose sins are not so great; they will be punished in accordance with their sins, then the punishment will be reduced, just as they will be punished in the fire then the punishment will end.

The punishment may be stopped by du’aa’, charity, seeking forgiveness or the reward of Hajj – this may reach the deceased from some of his relatives or others.

(al-Rooh, p. 89)

The last part of this passage answers the second part of your question. We ask Allaah to bestow His mercy upon us. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.
                      Islam Q&A
                      Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
                      sigpic

Comment

THE PRESSING OF THE GRAVE

The Prophet () said:

“There will be pressing of the grave that everybody will face, if anyone would be saved from it, it would be Sa’d ibn Mu’az,” [Musnad Imam Ahmad]

However even Sa’d faced the pressing of the grave, even children will be pressed in the grave. It is only the Anbiyah who will be saved from the pressing of the grave

Punishments in Grave:

ibn Abbas (RA) said:

“The Prophet () passed by two graves, and said: “the two people of these graves are being punished, and they are not being punished for something big, one of them used to do Al Nameema, and the other used to urinate and walk out without to wash himself.” He took two braches and cut them in two, and put them on top of the two graves, they asked “why did you do so?” he said: “perhaps it will reduce the pain of the punishment, as long as it is still fresh.” [Bukhari H.1372 and Muslim]

Zaid bin Thaabit (RA) said:

“One day the Prophet () was sitting with his khaals, he was on his mule, the mule started to waver, and nearly dropped the Prophet (), the Prophet () saw five or six graves, he () said: “to whom are these grave?” a man said: “I know,” the Prophet () asked: “when were they buried?” he said: “in the time of shirk.” “this Ummah will be tested in the grave, if I was not aware that you will delay to bury the people, I would ask Allah to allow you to hear the voices of the people while they are being punished in the grave. … after that he came and was worried, and said: “ask refuge in Allah from the punishment of the grave. ask refuge in Allah from the punishment of the hellfire, ask refuge in Allah from all the fitan, ask refuge in Allah from the fitna of Al Dajjal, ask refuge in Allah from the fitna of the Dajjal.”” [Muslim]

Abu Huraira (RA) narrated:

“The Prophet () said: “when someone finishes the last tashahhud in the , you will start to read (durud), then you will say: “I ask refuge in Allah from the punishment of the hellfire, and the punishment of the grave, and the testing of the life and death, and from the test of al Masih Al Dajjal.” [Saheeh Muslim and Sunan Abu Dawood, Sunan Tirmizi, Sunan An Nasaa’i]

ibn Abbas (RA) narrated

“The Prophet () used to teach the sahabah to make this du’a, and repeat it, “I ask refuge in

Allah from the punishment of the hellfire, and the punishment of the grave, and the testing of

the life and death, and from the test of al Masih Al Dajjal.”[Muslim]

Aisha (RA) said:

“One old women from the jews of Madina said: “the people of the graves will be punished in their graves.” I did not believe her. She went out and the Prophet () entered I said: “One old women from the jews of Madina said: “the people of the graves will be punished in their graves.” Is that true? He () said: “that is true; the people will be punished in the graves severely, until their punishment can be heard by all the animals.” I never saw him make after that except to seek refuge in Allah from the punishment of the grave.” [Bukhari and Muslim]

Umm Mubashir (RA) said:

“The Prophet () entered and I was sitting near the wall, and he was saying …, I said: “o Rasulullah, is their any punishment in the grave?” he said: “verily in the graves will be punishment and all the animals will be able to hear it.” [ibn Hibban]

Baraa’ ibn Azib (RA) said:

“We came out with the Prophet () for a janazah of a man from the ansar, and we reached the graveyard and he had not been put in the grave, the Prophet () sat and we sat with him, we were all silent, he () had a stick and was making a hole in the soil, he rose his head and said, “ask refuge in your lord from the punishment of the grave. Now his ruh has gone to his lord, and the ruh will return after that to his body, and he will hear even in the grave, the footsteps of his family when they leave the grave. They will say: “o man, who is your lord, what is your deen …” “When a Muslim is asked in his grave, “testify that laa ilaha illAllah Muhammadan rasulullah,” he will be able to testify, … “they will ask him, who is your lord, and will say my lord is Allah, and my deen is islam, and my Prophet is Muhammad ().” after that the two angels will say to him, “and what made you believe that he is rasulullah, he will say: “I read the book of Allah, and I believed in him, …” then the call will come from heaven, saying: “my servant speaks the truth, prepare his bed in Jannah, clothe from Jannah, and make him have a gate to see his place in Jannah.” And he will have the smell reach him from Jannah, and he will see as much as he can from Jannah. As for the kafir, two angels will come and say: “who is your lord?” he will say: “Huh? Huh?” they will ask “what is your deen?” he will say: “Huh? Huh? I don’t know.” A call will come from heaven, and say, “my servant is a liar, open a gate from hellfire, let him see the hellfire,…” he will feel the heat from the hellfire, and … after that it will be designated for him, a blind, mute angel who has a huge metal hammer that if you hit a mountain with it, it will become sand, and they will hit him once, and it will be heard between the east and west, except the two thaqalain, the jinn and the ins (humans). And then the ruh will return back to the body.” [Abu Dawood and Musnad Imam Ahmad, ibn Hibban 1372]

Abu Huraira (RA)

“… and his grave will be wider by seventy arms, and his greave will become light, as for the kafir, his bones will be mixed, … and he will see the hellfire.” [Abu Haatib ibn Hibban]

I HOPE THESE AHADEETH ARE ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN THE POINT

Last edited by bint-e-anwar; 01-08-2011, 02:25 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

jazakAllah sis for replying there is nothing left to add more
                          danks for ur effort
                          میں نےجو کیا وہ برا کیا،میں نے خود کو خود ہی تباہ کیا

جو تجھے پسند ہو میرے رب،مجھے اس ادا کی تلاش ہے

http://www.123muslim.com/discussion-...d-arround.html

Comment

BarakAllah sis
                            it was my duty Allah knows the best...
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...