Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Major --- Service for Allah

As-selamun Aleykum brothers and sisters,

I am currently a senior in high school residing in the United States and this is the time of the year where I choose a major and apply to colleges. I am stuck and unable to make a choice so if you could let me know your opinion or try to guide me, I would really appreciate that.

I will write two scenarios, with two different majors, and I would like you to tell me which you think is the better of the other two. (Please note that I choose these majors for the purpose of the scenario)

MAJOR 1: Computer Illustrator. By majoring in this field, person X is able to draw and make nice Islamic books for children in English, as well as other languages, if translated. Person X is able to serve Allah directly in a sense since his/her job is for the Will of Allah. However, person X is not making more money than your average citizen, however, he/she enjoys what he/she is doing (in terms of illustrating.)

MAJOR 2: Professional Athlete: By majoring in this field, person X is not able to serve Allah directly, however person X is now able to make much more money than if they had majored in MAJOR 1. With the money person X earns, he/she is donating to Islamic institutes and helping Muslims financially with, for examples, building of new mosques, donating to the poor, opening schools, funding kids for education, etc (or things around that.) Although person X is not DIRECTLY serving Allah with their job, he/she is serving Allah with the money he/she earns. However, one other difference from MAJOR 1 is, person X does not like being a professional athlete. He/she may be good at it, but person X, personally, rather be doing MAJOR 1, although it is a tough road financially.

So, brothers/sisters, which scenario is best for person X? Should person X pursue something that does not make a lot of money but is direct service and for the Will of Allah, or should person X pursue something that makes a lot of money and use that for the service of Allah by donating and funding Islamic programs/institutes.

Thank You.

Peace,.

brother. in contxt of ur question i just wanna say one thing, do whatever u may for Allah almighty bcoz it doesnt matter what u r presenting Him, But it does, what is ur intention, ur love and passion to do any thing for Him. either directly or indirectly. bcoz its only He for whome present is not worthy but the presenter,his passion n love.
    sigpic
    ایک ھوں مسلم حرم کی پاسبانی کے لیے
    نیل کے سا حل سے لے کرتابخاکِ کاشغر

Comment

Working...
    X