What can a women on her menses do during Ramadan?
Almighty Allah has made it easy for women during her menses and NOT difficult for women are still able to get the same rewards as men whilst they are in their menses. The good deed accounts don't stop when menstruation begins for the angels are continuing to write rewards down and women can still keep up with men in regards to good deeds.
It is only shaythan who is wanting to confuse a women on her menses and make her feel that she cannot do any good whilst in that state in order that she stops from doing any good acts. Therefore one must disregard the evil whispers of our eternal enemy Satan and continue to do good actions in order to please Allah.
Here are 7 good deeds women can do whilst on their menses during Ramadan and throughout the year:
1. Listen to Qur'an recitation: Almighty Allah knows your intention so if you are wanting to recite the Qur'an but are not able to then by listening to recitation you are still able to gain the abundant rewards just as one who recites it as Allah knows your intentions and your eagerness to earn rewards from reciting the Qur'an and he will reward you accordingly as he is the most generous and loves to reward his slaves.
2. Doing Dhikr of Allah: You can do ANY dhikr of Allah during menses for dhikr of Allah is the BEST of all deeds and this is a way of gaining COUNTLESS rewards. Here are some VERY rewarding dhikr you can do:
3. Make dua: You can make as much dua as you want day and night which can include ANY dua from the Qur'an as long as it is meant as a dua and not as tilawat of Qur'an. This will enable one to continue to build a strong and close relationship with Allah and one can still repent and ask for his mercy, forgiveness and anything one desires.
Narrated ‘Ubaadah that the Messenger of Allah said, “Whoever seeks forgiveness for the believing men and believing women, Allah will write for him a good deed for EACH believing man and believing woman.” (Tabarrani)
Subhanallah this deed can be done in EVERY dua and can you imagine how many rewards can be gained for each and every Muslim you make dua for from Adam (As) until now and the last Muslim on earth. This is the easiest way to earn rewards that go into the billions and the more you make these dua's then the more your good deed account wil get filled!
Every night in the last ten nights the following dua should be recited abundantly:
Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, said: I asked the Messenger of Allah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallim):: 'O Messenger of Allah, if I know what night is the night of Qadr, what should I say during it?' He said: 'Say: "Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee"
O Allah, You are pardoning and You love to pardon, so pardon me.' " (Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and Tirmidhi).
4. Read Islamic literature and dua books: You can read any Islamic literature and dua books even if it has some ayah's of the Qur'an. This will enable one to continue to be able to gain knowledge and act upon it.
5. Serve your parents: A man once asked the Prophet Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallim):
"'Should I join the jihad?' He asked, 'Do you have parents?' The man said, 'Yes!' The Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallim) said, 'Then strive by serving them!'" (Sahih Al-Bukhari, No. 5972)
Therefore serving one's parents is even better than jihad so serve your parents as much as you can and gain rewards you can NEVER imagine!
6. Give dawah: You can give dawah to Muslim and non Muslim as the speech of the da'ee is the best of all speeches.
"And who is better in speech than he who invites to Allah and does righteous deeds, and says: 'I am one of the Muslims.'" [al-Qur'aan, Fussilat(41):33]
7. Sadaqa: You can still give to charity and also do any good act which can be a sadaqa jariya for you which means that it can be a continuous reward like doing a charitable act or forwarding a ayah of the Qur'an, hadith or a beneficial article by text, e mail etc
Hope this helped and make the best of these remaining few days and do not let shaythan confuse you or make you feel inferior in good deeds because you are on your menses for this is a way of him stopping you from pleasing Allah. Please remember me in your dua's to.
And Allah knows best in all matters