Hajj 1433 (2012)
Alhumdulillah, registration for hajj has begun. We have been facilitating hajj trips on a non-profit basis as a service to the community for many years. We strive to ensure that hujjaj have a comfortable and beneficial experience, and offer extensive classes and seminars to ensure hujjaj are ready both logistically and spiritually, for their pilgrimage.
→ If you wish to perform hajj with us, please register soon. Spots cannot be held, and registration will be done on a first-come, first-served basis.
Labaik Allahumma labaik, labaik la sharika laka labaik in al-hamd wa al-ni'amatu laka wal-mulk, la sharika laka
Here I am, O Allah, at Thy service. Here I am, Thou art without partner, here I am. All Praise and blessings are thine, and Dominion! Thou art without partner!
Hajj 1433 (2012) - registration open!
→ Hajj seminar & course broadcasts and resources (archive from 2011, will be updated for 2012)All travel services provided by Dar el Salam Canada (If you are interested in going for hajj next year, please subscribe to our hajj mailing list.)
- Oct. 9 - Oct. 30
- $8,200 (quad occupancy), $8,500 (triple occupancy), $9,200 (double occupancy)
- 7 days in Makkah (Al Safwah Royal Al Jewar Hotel)
Close to Al-Masjid Al-Haraam; two, three, or four persons per room with private bath; breakfast & dinner open buffet style; ziarah to religious and historical sites
- 5 days in Madinah (Al Khozama Hotel)
Close to Al-Masjid Al-Nabawi; two, three, or four persons per room with private bath; breakfast & dinner open buffet style; ziarah to religious and historical sites
- 2 days in Aziziah (apartment hotel)
Shuttle service to Al-Masjid Al-Haraam; four persons per room with private bath; breakfast & dinner open buffet style
- 5 days of hajj
Mena: deluxe camp close to jamarat; breakfast & dinner open buffet style; air-conditioned sleeping area
Arafat: deluxe camp; breakfast & refreshments
Transportation between Mena, Arafat & Muzdalifah via Al Mashaer train
- Collection and processing of all documents related to visa application
- Notarization of documents
- Inoculation clinic
- Administrative seminars & assistance
- Religious workshops & classes prior to departure
- Ihram for male pilgrims
- Prayer rug for female pilgrims
- Group accompanied by qualified scholar (to be announced) & administrative guide(s)
- Regular spiritual & administrative sessions & assistance
- Physician and medical assistance
- Securing & collecting passports
- Ziarah in Makkah & Madinah
- Transportation in air-conditioned buses
- Sim card with local (Saudi) number provided
- Qurbani/Zabiha arrangements
Every year the Islamic Institute of Toronto organises a hajj group as a service to the community, on a non-profit basis. Our objective is to ensure that the manasik of hajj are performed in accordance with the authentic teachings of the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.
If you wish to perform hajj with the IIT, you should register soon. Spots cannot be held, and registration will be done on a first-come, first-served basis:
To register, please submit:
1. A completed registration form
2. Deposit cheque for $2,000 (payable to "Dar El Salam Canada")
3. A photocopy of your passport (just the ID pages)
4. Four passport pictures
The hajj group must attend the following class. Others are welcome to attend as well, for a fee of $30 per person.
||This course will provide an understanding of hajj, the fifth pillar of Islam and the once-in-a-lifetime obligation on Muslims. At the end of the course, participants will have a greater appreciation of the importance, excellence and prerequisites of the pilgrimage and will gain practical knowledge of how to perform the rituals (manasik) of hajj.
||To be announced
||Sundays, September 9 - September 23 (tentative dates - to be confirmed)
||11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Address 1630 Neilson Road
From Hwy 401 East and West: Exit Neilson Rd. North. Proceed until past Finch. The IIT is on the left.
From points North: Take any North South Rd. (e.g. Markham Rd.) to Finch Avenue East. Left on Finch Avenue, then left on Neilson Rd.
Via Public Transit: Take the TTC to Kennedy Subway Station. Join the Scarborough Rapid Transit to Scarborough Town Centre. Take Neilson 133 for a direct ride to the IIT. Alternatively, take Nugget 131, then transfer to Neilson 133 at Neilson Rd. going North. Other buses that service the area: 39 Finch from the Finch subway station.
Google Map view
View Larger Map