On the special day of Eid every culture has a special famous dish that they make. I thinking and wanted to know what u the other sisters on the forum make on Eid day.
In Pakistan and India SAVAYAHHH is the most popular dish for eid day. Its a sweet dish made with milk and toasted vermicelli noodles.
Here how to make it and u will be amazed how simple it is to make it with in 20 mins its ready
a.) Vermicelli noodle.
d.) Ghee / Butter / Edible Oil (small amount is needed like about 3-4 tablespoons)
f.) Cashew nut.
g.) Raisin/dried dates
Proportion of vermicelli and Milk is important. 1 liter of milk is only sufficient to cook less than 100gms of vermicelli depending on the thickness of milk u want in final recipe. (the thickness is up to u. i personally like is less think)
- Roast the vermicelli till brown in Ghee or Butter or Oil.
- Cut dry fruits in small pieces. Can add different dry fruits depending on taste.
- Boil milk with dry fruits pieces and 2-3 flakes of cardamom.
Note:Easy way of stopping milk from spilling is to either keep it stirring or boil on light flame.
- Even if boiling on light flame, stir milk periodically. You will find milk cream to stick on
sides of the container as milk boils further. Scratch these from sides and mix them well in
the milk. This cream finally adds taste to your recipe.
- Let the milk boil till it start turning yellowish. This is the sign that a sufficient amount of
water has evaporated and milk has become somewhat thick.
- Add roasted vermicelli.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Stir well and let the vermicelli cook in milk.
- Further boiling will cook vermicelli noodle and make the milk more thicker.
- Stop boiling when vermicelli is cooked (takes about 10 mins) or mix is sufficiently thick.
Some people may like a thin mix than a thick one. like me so i don't wait much for the milk to go thick