Who was “Great” – the Alexander of Macedonia or Hazrat Umar Farooq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was “Great” – the Alexander of Macedonia or Hazrat Umar Farooq

Who was “Alexander, the Great” – the Alexander of Macedonia or Hazrat Umar Farooq
    (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhu) of Islam? Historians of the world are duty‐bound to answer this question.
    These are the days of the SMS, the mobile messaging system conveys thoughts in
    seconds from one corner of the world to another. Readers and viewers also utilize
    this modern facility now – yesterday someone sent a message to me wishing I had
    written a column on Hazrat Umar Farooq (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhu). This reminded me that that day was the
    day of the martyrdom of Hazrat Umar Farooq (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhuh) and I am now thinking who was
    “Alexander, the Great” – the Alexander of Macedonia or Hazrat Umar Farooq (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhu) of
    Islam.

We had read as a child that the Alexander of Macedonia became a king at the age
    of twenty and ventured out of Macedonia at 23. He first conquered the whole of
    Greece. Then he entered Turkey. After this he defeated Darius of Persia, entered
    Syria, moved to Jerusalem and then Babylon and Egypt and India. In India he
    fought King Porus and founded the city of Phalia in memory of his favorite horse.
    He started his return through Makran. He contacted typhoid on his way back and
    died in the year 323 B.C. at the age of 33 in the palace of Bakht Nasr.

We have been told that he was a great general, conqueror and king in human
    history and was given the title of “Alexander, the Great”. We made him “Sikander
    Azam”, the king of kings. But, today, I question all the historians of the world if Alexander
    deserves this title when we have Hazrat Umar Farooq (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhu) . I invite all the historians of the
    world to compare the conquests and the achievements of Alexander and Hazrat Umar
    Farooq (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhu) .

Please compare. Alexander was the son of a king ‐‐ the best instructors taught
    him how to ride a horse, he had tutors like Aristotle and was offered the throne at
    the age of twenty. On the other hand, Hazrat Umar Farooq (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhu) did not have any royal
    ancestor even in his seven previous generations, grew up minding herds of goats
    and sheep and had not got trained in the art of war from anyone. Alexander had
    conquered 1.7 million square miles of land in ten years with an organized army ‐‐
    Hazrat Umar Farooq (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhu), in ten years, conquered 2.2 million square miles of land
    including the Roman and Persian super powers with an un‐organized army.

Even in these days of satellites and missiles and submarines, no ruler has a domain as
    vast as that of Hazrat Umar (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhu) which he had not only got conquered on mere horseback
    but had also managed and ruled it. Alexander got many of his own generals killed
    during his conquests, many generals and soldiers deserted him, there were
    rebellions against him and his army even refused to proceed in India, but no
    companion of Hazrat Umar (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhu) ever had the courage to disobey him. He was the
    commander who deposed the strongest general of Islam, Khalid bin Waleed (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhu)
    right in the battleground and no one dared to disobey. He removed Saad bin Abi
    Waqas (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhu) from the governorship of Kufa, fired Harith bin Kaab (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhu) as a governor,
    confiscated the wealth of Amro bin al Aas (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhu) and recalled the governor of Hamas
    and assigned him to grazing the camels. No one dared to disobey.

to read the full post visit

much much much more to know about Umar Farooq (Radiallahu Ta’ala Anhu)

Jub Dam-e-wapasi ho Ya-Allah
    Samne ho Jalwa-e-Mustafa
    Lub pe Ho
    LA ILAHA ILLALLAH MUHAMMEDOUR RASOOLULLAH

Comment

Working...
    X