5 Simple Steps for Planning Ramadan Meals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Simple Steps for Planning Ramadan Meals

Use these 5 Simple Steps for Planning Ramadan Meals and finally spend less time in the kitchen and more time in prayer, worship and good deeds.

1.List Family Faves:
    Jot down 15-30 of your family’s favorite main meals. Cross out the ones you know you won’t realistically prepare during Ramadan and keep the rest. Indicate the ones you may want to repeat during the month to make sure you’ll have enough meals for 30 days to feed everyone in your family. On the side margin of each of the meals, list the main component (i.e. turkey, chicken, beef, lamb, fish, etc.) to be sure you have a good variety.
    2. Grab a Calendar:
    Find a blank calendar you can write on. Add the name of one dish you will make for iftar to each calendar day. If you think you’ll have leftovers, indicate the same meal for two days. Keep in mind, you may use some leftovers from iftar for the next morning suhur (breakfast before beginning the day’s fast) so try to underestimate how much food will be left over so you are not left to scramble for an unplanned meal.
    3.Create a Shopping List:
    You’ll need to see what types and how many pounds of meat and staples your recipes call for in order to do this. Calculate the number of servings you’ll need to make at each meal and start crunching numbers. Although this is the most tedious aspect of the plan, it’s definitely worth it in the long run.
    4. Go Shopping:
    Buy your meat in bulk but call your butcher ahead of time. If not, you may be waiting a long time for them to cut and wrap your orders, especially if everyone else is buying in bulk for Ramadan, too. Don’t forget to buy things like bread in bulk, too, since it freezes so well.
    5. Put Things Away:
    Label and freeze your items and organize your staples. Now all you have to do throughout the month at meal time is to buy fresh vegetables and fruits. You can relax knowing that you have a plan for every day of the week and can fit cooking time into your daily schedule. No excuses for reading Qur’an, ibadah (worship) and extra (prayer)!
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, Help me to remember that, your love is greater than my disappointments & your plans For my life are better than my dreams..

Working...
X