X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useful Points for the Great Month of Rajab

By: Sayed Mohammed Musawi
    Courtesy: Samir Haidari
    The great month of Rajab is one of the four sacred months. This month and the following Shaban and the month of Ramadhan are the greatest months in the year. There is a hadith that the month of Rajab is the month of Allah (swt) and Shaban is the month of the Prophet (sawa) and the month of Ramadhan is the month of the Muslim ummah.
    Imam Musa Al Kazim (as) said: Rajab is a great month, during which Allah (swt) multiplies the rewards of good deeds and omits the sins.
    These are some useful points for this month:
    1) Fasting
    It is highly recommended to fast in this month of Rajab even for one day at least. A hadith says: Whosoever fasts a day in Rajab, the fire of hell will be away from him a distance of one year’s journey, and whosoever fasts 3 days in Rajab, will be entitled for Paradise.
    Imam Ali (as) used to fast the whole month of Rajab. Many of his followers do the same.
    2) Seeking Forgiveness (Estighfaar)
    The Prophet (sawa) used to say: Rajab is a month of seeking forgiveness, so seek forgiveness from Allah (swt); He is verily the Forgiver, the Merciful. It is highly recommended to repeat ‘Astaghfirullaah wa as-aluhut tawbah’
    3) Sadaqa and Charity
    There is a big reward for sadaqa and charity in the month of Rajab. Those who cannot fast may give sadaqa to the poor every day, or recite ‘Subhana Ilalahil Jaleele Subhana Man la Yanbaghil Tasbeeho Illa Lahoo; Subhanal A`azzinil Akrame; Subhana Man Labisal Izza wa Howa Lahoo Ahlun.’
    4) Repeating ‘Laa ilaaha illa-Allah’ 1000 times.
    5) Repeating ‘Astaghfirullaaha zul jalale wal Ikraam min jamee' al zonoobe wal aathaam‘ 1000 times.
    6) Repeating Sura Al Tawheed ‘Qul-ho-wallaho Ahad‘ 1000 times to get the reward of 1000 Angels and blessings on the reciter, his / her children, family and neighbours.
    7) It is recommended to recite ‘Qul-ho-wallaho Ahad‘ 100 times every Friday in the month of Rajab.
    May Allah (swt) grant you more blessings in this month and every month to do more for the real future in Akhirah.
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, Help me to remember that, your love is greater than my disappointments & your plans For my life are better than my dreams..

jazakAllah sis
    thanks for the reminder
    میں نےجو کیا وہ برا کیا،میں نے خود کو خود ہی تباہ کیا

جو تجھے پسند ہو میرے رب،مجھے اس ادا کی تلاش ہے

http://www.123muslim.com/discussion-...d-arround.html

Comment

Well i think these all activities can also be done in other months too. Same reward will be given to you as it all depend upon your intention. If your intention is to make ALLAH happy with you then ALLAH will bless you always.

Comment

jazakallah sis thanx 4 the reminder

Comment

Originally posted by rabz View Post
          jazakallah sis thanx 4 the reminder
          Jazak Allah

Comment

Working...
          X