SHOULD LOUD SPEAKERS BE ALLOWED IN MOSQUES?IF YES; upto what extent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOULD LOUD SPEAKERS BE ALLOWED IN MOSQUES?IF YES; upto what extent

Loud speakers should be confined to AZAN only or reciting durood after Nimaaz.the noise created takes away the essence and sanctity,,the noise created looks like a chaos...as if it is a jang..Islam does not encourage civil strife or conflict with authorities. Moreover, there is no requirement in Islam that requires the call to prayer to be through loudspeakers. At the time of the Prophet, the call to prayer was made by Bilal or other companions of the Prophet who used to climb on the roof-top of the mosque and make the call to prayer by word of mouth. They did not employ any device which was likely to make their voice heard over a longer distance. The use of loudspeakers in Muslim countries was introduced only recently, when cities became densely populated and a call to prayer was heard only in the immediate vicinity of the mosque. However, if there are certain factors which prevent the use of a loudspeaker, it should not be used. No one will be accountable to Allah for not using a loudspeaker to make the call to prayer. If the call to prayer is made in the mosque, it is well and good. Our Dialogue ( Source : Arab News - Jeddah ifeel use of loud speakers confined only to Azaan.All religious leaders need to sit together to fix a permissible noise level for places of worship: that, in one sense, was the response of Dr Zakir Naik, president of the Islamic Research Foundation (IRF), to the SS's call to tone down decibel levels in mosques.
    there are ways in which people call for prayers. Temples use bells, a mosque depends on human voices, and other religions will have their own ways. I feel that all religious leaders can come together and thrash out the issue. They can decide if they want to have any of these or not. They can create one law that needs to be adhered to, by all.i remberImam khomeini gave a big sermon agaiunst use of loud speakers -----

Should loud speakers be allowed in mosques?.....

Rembering Allah and Dhikr by glorifying and magnifying Allah aloud after the compulsory prayers--was practice during suhabba they would not consider it noise-sahi bukhari vol1 hadith 802 narrated abu marbad the free slave of ibn abbas ra ...it was custom to remember Allah /dhikr by gorifying and magnifying allah aloud after the compulsory prayers "ibn ABBAS further said ,whenI heard dhikr .i would learn that the compulsory confregational prayer has ended .ibn Abbas further said -when i heard dhikr ,i would learn that the compulsory congregational prayer has ended vol8 hadith 803-----interprettation it is not loud speaker but issue is whther to golrify and magnifying Allah aloud----so be aware of this practice---; during our childhood neighbours radio during night would be so loud to broad cast" farmishee naghmmey" we were never complaining----' personally i feel it is disturbing to patients who need sleep;students who need concentration--this was Imam khomeins view also - i am also of same opinion

Comment

Islam Question and Answer - Loudspeakers should not be used outside the mosque for the prayer

Comment

No loudspeakers for taraweeh prayers | ArabNews

Comment

• The importance of silent dhikr-- "And do bring your Lord to remembrance in your very soul, with humility and in reverence, without loudness in words, in the mornings and evening, and be not of those who are unheedful." (7:205)- This verse indicates that doing dhikr in silence and without raising one's voice is better.(but it doesnt mean it is prohibited ---or forbidden..) Once during a journey the Prophet, peace be upon him, heard a group of Muslims supplicating aloud. Thereupon the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "Give yourselves a respite, you are not calling upon someone deaf or absent. Surely He Whom you are calling upon is near you and He listens to all. He is nearer to you than the neck of your mount." [Muslim]
            This hadith underlines the love and awe a person should feel while engaged in dhikr.
            It is related from Sa`d that the Prophet said: "The best dhikr is the hidden dhikr, and the best money is what suffices." Ahmad narrates it in his Musnad, Ibn Hibban in his Sahih, and Bayhaqi in Shu`ab al-iman. Nawawi said the hadith was not firmly established.
            Ibn Al-Qayyim may Allaah have mercy upon him said, “The best Thikr (i.e. remembrance of Allaah The Almighty) is what the heart and the tongue share, and was reported from the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) and considered attentively by the reciter.”i Once the Sahaba (radi Allahu anhum) were making Zikr in a loud voice and Rasulullah (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) prevented them b saying : "Oh people! Have mercy upon yourselves, you are not calling upon that Being who is deaf or absent. You are calling upon that Being who is All-Hearing and close by, and HE is with you (all the time) ." (Bukhari 605 vol. 2, Muslim page 346, vol. 2 Abu Hurairah (radi Allahu anhu) reports that Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said that Allah Taala says: "I am close to the thoughts of My servant. When he remembers Me I am with him. When he remembers Me in his heart, I remember him personally, and when he remembers Me in an assembly, I remember him in an assembly better than his". (Bukhari; Muslim; Mishkaat, pg. 196)
            Sheikh Abdul Haq Muhaddith Dehlawi (radi Allahu anhu) writes in the commentary of this Hadith: "There is proof in this Hadith for loud Zikr". (Ashatul Lamaat, Vol. 2, pg. 180) Views Regarding the Recitation of the Qur'an Loudly or Quietly
            There are some hadiths that recommend reciting the Qur'an loudly, while other hadiths give preference to reciting the Glorious Qur'an in a low voice. An example of the first category is the following hadith:
            "Allah does not listen to anything, (more approvingly) as He listens to a Prophet reciting loudly the Qur'an in a sweet voice. "(Reported by Muslim)
            Yet, an example of the second category is the following hadith:
            "The similitude of a man who recites the Quran loudly is that of a man who gives charity overtly, while the similitude of a man who recites the Qur'an in a low voice is that of a man who gives charity covertly."[Abu Dawud. At-Tirmidhi, and An-Nsa'i.]
            In this regard, An-Nawawi said that reading the Glorious Qur'an in a low voice is better than reading loudly in some situations: When one fears insincerity; when reading loudly would interrupt other worshipers; when sleepers may be awakened owing to a loud voice, etc. Reading the Glorious Qur'an loudly is better in other situations for it awakens the hearts, has great influence on the listeners, makes the reader concentrate on reading, etc. The following hadith confirms this view: Abu Sa`id reported that once the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) was in the mosque when he heard the people reading the Qur'an loudly; thereupon he said,"As you all invoke and converse with Allah, none of you should harm the others nor raise his voice over theirs."[Abu Dawud.]Abu Hurayrah, moreover, reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) used to read the Quran by night in a loud voice for some time and in a low voice in other times[Abu Dawud.]

Comment

Yeah i completely agree with you. It is unnecessary to use the loud speakers in Mosques. It creates utter chaos especially for the call of prayer when multiple Mosques situated nearby start Aza'an with a millisecond of time difference. The listener loses the focus to answer the call of prayer or just listening respectfully to it.

Thank you for the sharing of Hadith references as well. If at all the loud speakers cannot be banned then the Moazzan (the person who makes a call for prayer) from the closely located Mosques must agree on taking turns spanning on days, respecting the real value and meaning behind the call.

Comment

In my opinion the loud speakers are necessary as the Ummah has become very busy and engaged in duniya and just to remind him that the namaz time is nearing.
              At the same time I wish the Azan to be recited in shorter and bueatiful tone.
              In those days of Prohpet and Sahabah, every body was anxiouse to perfome namaz and follow the Prophet . Full of iman of strong nature.
              Nowadays, even attending the namaz and going to mosque is a job harder on muslims.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X