Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hey there, I just registered and thought I should tell you a bit about myself:

First of all, I converted around five years ago, but have lapsed the last few years. I admit that I have only prayed once, because I decided that if I didn't know which directed to face (I am terrible with directions) then there was no point. I wish I had, though.

I have always been drawn to Islam as a religion and I had to imagine that there was a reason for that. So I converted, but shame to say, have been a terrible Muslim ever since. I am now trying to become a better Muslim by reading my Quran and learning to pray - properly this time.

Because of the generation I was raised in, I have opinions I certain issues that I cannot change - I am in favor of same sex marriage rights, am pro choice, and believe that a person has the right to end their own life if they are terminally ill.

I also have tattoos and intend to get more, as well as body piercings. I am well aware that these things are frowned upon in Islam but I have always believed that the goodness in a person comes from within, not their outward appearance.

I do not wear the hijab although I would like to, but my parents are unaware of my conversion and would freak out, so its best to keep it quiet for now.

I hope that Allah, if he does indeed exist, is proud of me, despite my wrongdoings in life. I do try to be the best person I can be, and I hope that he know this.

Nice to meet you all!

Fundamentals of Islamic Belief

Aauzo Billaahi Minash Shaitaan Nir Rajim Bismillaah Hir Rahman Nir Raheem ;
    Allah - Beginning With The Name Of - The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم) Dear Noomi !!!

Indeed, all praise belongs to Allah. We praise Him, seek His Aid and His Forgiveness and we seek refuge in Allah from the evil of ourselves and from the evil of our actions. Whomsoever Allah guides, none can misguide; and whomsoever Allah leaves unguided, none can guide thereafter. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, who is alone without partners, and I bear witness that Muhammad(s.a.w.) is His Messenger. May God praise Muhammad (s.a.w.) , his family, his Companions and whoever follows them in goodness, and keep them safe from all evil.

Congratulation for taking The wise decision of your Life !!!

The Islamic religion is the religion with which Allah sent the Prophet Muhammad, sealing thereby the religions, perfecting it for His servants, completing upon them His bounty and chose it for them as a faith. No other faith or religion other than it will ever be accepted.

Allah has said,
    “Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the last of the Prophets. And Allah is Ever All-Aware of everything” (al-Ahzaab 33:40).

Allah has also said,

“This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” (Surah al-Maaidah (5):3)

The Exalted has also said,

“Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam.” (Surah Aali-Imraan (3):19).

Dear Noomi, Its time to understand what is Islam ? What is meaning of Islam............and InshaAllah, you will be on the way of becoming true Muslimah...

Islam is established on five pillars, as mentioned in the hadeeth narrated by (Abdullah) Ibn Umar (r.a.):

1. “The Shahaadah (testimony and witness) that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah”

2. “To establish Salaah” (the obligatory prayers) means worshipping Allah in the complete and proper manner, with full compliance to its prescribed times and postures.

3. “To offer the Zakaaht” (obligatory charity) means worshipping Allah by giving the determined amount of obligatory alms from one’s wealth and possessions.

4. “To perform the Sawm (fast) of Ramadan” means worshipping Allah by fasting during the days of the Islamic month of Ramadan.

5. “To perform the Hajj” (pilgrimage to Makkah) means worshipping Allah by traveling to Makkah to perform all the sacred rites of pilgrimage.

The religion of Islam, as explained above, is comprised of Aqeedah (creed, faith and belief) and Sharee’ah (revealed laws). We have mentioned some pillars of the Sharee’ah above. The pillars and fundamentals of Aqeedah are to believe in:

1. Allah,
    2. His Angels,
    3. His Books,
    4. His Messengers,
    5. the Last Day, and
    6. Qadar (Divine Will), both its good and evil consequences.

These pillars and fundamentals are mentioned in the Book of Allah and the Sunnah (the narrations of the Prophet (s.a.w.)) of His Messenger (s.a.w.).

Dear Noomi, The objectives of Islamic creed can be defined as those noble purposes which one aims to achieve by believing in and adhering to it. They are many, and some of them are as follows:

The first objective: Sincerity and Purity of intention. Allah is the Creator Who has no partner, and the intention and worship must be only to Him alone.

The second objective: Liberation of the mind and intellect from false notions, foolishness and irrationality. Whoever is devoid of this true belief and creed becomes depraved intellectually and spiritually, becomes a worshipper of material things and physical desires or stumbles along with various misguided, deviant and foolish doctrines and ideologies.

The third objective: Tranquility and Peace of heart and mind. Belief dissolves despair, loss of heart and anxiety, because by belief one is attached to his Lord, Creator and Cherisher. He accepts His Lord and Sustainer as his Lawmaker, Legislator, Ruler and Judge and becomes satisfied with Allah’s wise Qadar. His heart opens wide for the religion of Islam and doesn’t desire any substitute.

The fourth objective: A clear consciousness, purity and sincerity in intention and actions in the worship of Allah, the one true God, and also in all dealings and relationships with people. The fundamental principle of Islam is following the Messengers in purity and sincerity, and in intention and action.

The fifth objective: Seriousness and Determination in all affairs. A faithful believer does not miss an opportunity to do a good deed hoping for its reward, and to avoid the temptation towards evil deeds fearing its punishment, because from among the fundamental principles of Islam is belief in the Resurrection and the Reckoning for good and evil deeds.

Allah the Most Exalted said:
    For all there will be degrees (or ranks) according to what they did. And your Lord is not unaware of what they do.
    [Surah al-An’aam (6):132]

The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.) encouraged us with this objective saying:
    A strong believer is better and more beloved to Allah than a weak believer, and there is good in every believer. Be keen to get that which gives you benefit and seek help from Allah and do not lose heart. And if anything befalls you do not say: “If I had not done this or that, such and such would not have happened to me,” but say, “Allah has ordained and He does as He wills,” because “if” is an opening for Satan’s actions. (Reported by Muslim)

I hopes that you will find the true meaning of Islam and InshaAllah will be the true follower of Islam.

Please find the attached book for your reading and understanding the meaning of true Muslimah, her rightful dooings.

And Allah Knows the Best !!!!

Attached Files
    The Five Pillars of Islam (arkān-al-Islām أركان الإسلام; also arkān ad-dīn أركان الدين "pillars of the religion") are five basic acts in Islam.

The Qur'an presents them as a framework for worship and a sign of commitment to the faith. They are (1) the shahada (creed), (2) daily prayers (salat), (3) fasting during Ramadan (sawm), (4) almsgiving (zakāt), and (5) the pilgrimage to Mecca (hajj) at least once in a lifetime.

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome, 'tanveer.shaikh'. I will peruse the information you have offered me tomorrow, when I have more free time.

Comment

sister u are welcome on this forum n i appreciate ur action of sharing ur feeling about the religion which attracts u the most n which embraced u definitely yeah it embraced u bcoz u would definitely have something special that made u so much pretigious for Allah n He made u inclined to this true religion. Islam is All baout Love for Allah n His messenger may peace n blessings be upon him. first raise ur status in Love for Him. He will make all things in Islam Possible for u .. keep in touch. dnt hesitate asking any thing. it would be my heartened pleasure if i could help u in any case..
        sigpic
        ایک ھوں مسلم حرم کی پاسبانی کے لیے
        نیل کے سا حل سے لے کرتابخاکِ کاشغر

Comment

Working...
        X