Keeping To The Sunnah.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping To The Sunnah.

The Noble Messenger of Allah, Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, was reported to have said:--

"Let me not find one of you, reclining on his couch, when he hears
    something regarding what I have commanded or forbidden saying:
    'We do not know. What we found in Allah's Book have followed'.
    [Abu Dawud]

This is a good reminder against today's casual attitude with which some Muslims, unfortunately, discard the Sunnah of our Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam. Allah, Glorified and Exalted is He, repeatedly links obedience of Allah to obedience of His Messenger. Allah says: "And whoever obeys the Messenger, thereby obeys Allah"-(4:80) and "Whatever the Messenger gives you take it, and whatever he forbids you, refrain from it".-(59:7)...there are many verses of the Holy Qur'an itself condemning having a 'Qur'an only' approach.

To divorce the Sunnah from Islam is to render Islam ineffective....for example, the Qur'an directs us to pray and give Zakkat, but without the Sunnah, how would we know how to pray or calculate and pay/give Zakkat?....

و علیکم اسلام
    Islamic Education Center Online : www.darseNizami.Net

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Fauzi View Post

The Noble Messenger of Allah, Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, was reported to have said:--

"Let me not find one of you, reclining on his couch, when he hears
      something regarding what I have commanded or forbidden saying:
      'We do not know. What we found in Allah's Book have followed'.
      [Abu Dawud]

This is a good reminder against today's casual attitude with which some Muslims, unfortunately, discard the Sunnah of our Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam. Allah, Glorified and Exalted is He, repeatedly links obedience of Allah to obedience of His Messenger. Allah says: "And whoever obeys the Messenger, thereby obeys Allah"-(4:80) and "Whatever the Messenger gives you take it, and whatever he forbids you, refrain from it".-(59:7)...there are many verses of the Holy Qur'an itself condemning having a 'Qur'an only' approach.

To divorce the Sunnah from Islam is to render Islam ineffective....for example, the Qur'an directs us to pray and give Zakkat, but without the Sunnah, how would we know how to pray or calculate and pay/give Zakkat?....
      jazak Allah

This Hadith should be given wide publicity as to reach all who do not know what Hazreth Muhammed has said on not following his Sunnah.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X