The Virtue of the Day of Jumu’ah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Virtue of the Day of Jumu’ah

The day of Jumu’ah is the best day of the week. Allah has chosen this nation (the Muslims) to be guided to recognize its blessings after other nations had failed to identify it. There are lots of ahadeeth relating to its merit. Among these are:

1- The Prophet’s ﷺ statement: “The best of days on which the sun rises is Jumu’ah; on it Adam was created, on it he was taken to Paradise, and on it he was removed from it (the Paradise).” [ Source: Muslim.]

2- On the authority of Abu Hurairah t,, the Prophet ﷺ said: “Whoever performs the spiritual bath, then attends Jumu’ah, then observes what has been willed for him (supererogatory Salat), after which he keeps quiet until the imam finishes his sermon, then prays with the imam, he will be forgiven all the sins between then and the previous Jumu’ah, and three additional days.” [ Source: Muslim.]

3- On the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “The five daily Salat, one Jumu’ah to the next, and one Ramadan to the next are expiators of sins committed in between them, when the great sins are avoided.” [ Source: Muslim.]

4- On the authority of Hudhyfah Ibn Al-Yaman who reported that the Prophet ﷺ said: “It was Friday from which Allah diverted those who were before us. For the Jews (the day set aside for prayer) was Sabt (Saturday), and for the Christians it was Sunday. And Allah turned towards us and guided us to Friday (as the day of prayer) for us. In fact, He (Allah) made Friday, Saturday and Sunday (as days of prayer). In this order would they (Jews and Christians) come after us on the Day of Resurrection. We are the last of (the Ummahs) among the people in this world and the first among the created to be judged on the Day of Resurrection.” [ Source: Muslim.]

5- Abu Huraira reported that the Prophet said: The best day the sun has ever risen on is Friday; on it was the creation of Adam, on it was his descension, on it he was granted repentance, on it he passed away, and on it the hour will be established. There is not an animal, but it listens attentively on Friday, from the time the morning enters until the sun has risen, fearing the onset of the hour; except the jinn and mankind. In it is an hour which no Muslim slave spends praying asking God for a need, except that he is given it.” Ka’b asked: “Is this day once every year?” I (Abu Huraira) said: “Nay, on every Friday.” Ka’b recited the Torah and said: “God and the Prophet (peace be upon him) have spoken the truth.” Abu Hurayrah said: “Then I met with ‘Abdullah ibn Salaam and spoke to him about my sitting (talk) with Ka’b.” ‘Abdullah ibn Salaam said: “Surely I know which hour it is.” Abu Huraira said: “I said to him: ‘Then tell me when it is.’” ‘Abdullah bin Salam said: “The last hour of the day of Friday.” I said: “How is it the last hour of Friday when the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “…(it is an hour which) no Muslim slave spends praying asking God for a need, except …” and that time is not a time of Salah?” ‘Abdullah ibn Salaam said: “Did the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) not say that whosoever sits waiting for the prayer is in prayer?” He said: “So I said, ‘Yes,’ and he replied, ‘This is it (i.e. what is meant).’” [ Source: Abu Dawud.]

6- The Prophet said: “Indeed from the best of your days is Al-Jumu’ah, therefore send many prayers upon me; for indeed your prayers are displayed to me.” They said: “How would our prayers be displayed to you when you have decayed?” He said: “Surely Allah has prohibited the earth from eating the bodies of the Prophets.” [ Source: Abu Dawud.]
    source: islamkingdom
Working...
X