X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Characteristics of the Islamic legislation

Characteristics of the Islamic legislation

A divine source

The source of the Islamic religion is the Great Creator, Allah, who created man and the universe and all that it contains. Having a divine source affords it numerous advantages, including one of them being that Allah is the Creator and the Sustainer, so He Alone owns the right to legislate. Moreover, prophets and their followers referred legislation back to Allah alone, and rejected all other legislations. Allah states what the seal of the prophets and messengers (pbuh) used to say about Allah’s legislation: {Say (O Muhammad [sal-Allâhu ‘alayhi wa sallam]): “I am not a new thing among the Messengers (of Allâh, i.e. I am not the first Messenger) nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am but a plain warner.”}(Al-Ahqâf:9)
    The Islamic Shari’ah applies to all of Allah’s creation, and that includes the Messenger of Allah, despite his high status and position of honor with Allah, since he too follows the laws that Allah revealed to him, and he was not an innovator. He followed Allah’s way and did nothing to contradict it.
    The fact that Allah is The Creator means that He knows best those who He created. He says: {Should not He Who has created know? And He is the Most Kind and Courteous (to His slaves), the Well-Acquainted (with everything).}(al-Mulk:14)
    He knows the natural disposition of His slaves, what reforms and what corrupts them, and what benefits and what harms them. None but the maker knows best about what he made. Allah says: {Say, “Do you know better or does Allâh (know better ... that they all were Muslims)?”}(al-Baqarah:140)

Islamic legislation has some Characteristics - Path to Happiness
Working...
X