Fasting the 9th and the 10th of Muharram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasting the 9th and the 10th of Muharram

When the Day of Judgment comes, we will without doubt all desire to steer clear from our sins and wish that we had done more good deeds that would be a cause for removal of our bad deeds.

Of much interest to us Muslims these days should be the fasting the 9th and the 10th of Muharram. The Prophet, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, said about the voluntary fasting on the Day of `Aashoraa:

"It expiates the sins of the preceding year." [Saheeh Muslim]

Ibn `Abbas, radhiallahu `anhu, reported: "The Prophet, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, came to al-Madeenah and saw the Jews fasting on the day of `Aashooraa. He asked them about that. They replied, "This is a good day, the day on which Allah rescued Baani Israaeel from their enemy. So Moosa observed fast on this day." The Prophet said, "We have more claim over Moosa than you." So the Prophet, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, observed fast on that day and ordered (the Muslims) to observe fast (on that day)." [Saheeh al-Bukhari, Muslim]

Ibn `Abbas also reported, "The Messenger of Allah fasted on the day of `Aashooraa and ordered the people to fast on it. The people said, "O Messenger of Allah, it is a day that the Jews and Christians honor." The Prophet, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, said, "When the following year comes - Allah willing - we shall fast on the ninth." The death of the Prophet, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, came before the following year." [Saheeh Muslim, Abu Dawood]

Moreover, in his well-known book, Fiqh As-Sunnah, the late Sheikh Sayyed Sabiq states:

Abu Hurayrah reported: "I asked the Prophet: 'Which Prayer is the best after the obligatory Prayers?' He said: 'Prayer during the mid of the night.' I asked: 'Which fasting is the best after that of Ramadan?' He said, 'The month of Allah that you call Muharram’" (Ahmad, Muslim, and Abu Dawud).

Mu`awiyyah ibn Abi Sufyan reported that he heard the Messenger of Allah say: "Concerning the day of `Ashura’, it is not obligatory upon you to fast on it as I do. Whoever wishes may fast and whoever does not wish to is not obliged to do so" (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

So it is recommended to fast on the 10th of Muharram and the 9th along with it as well.
    Last edited by Naqshbandi; 12-19-2010, 12:27 AM.
    Hadrat Anas Radi ALLAH Taala Anhu reported that the Messenger of Allah Peace And Blessings Be Upon Him has said, “Everything has a heart, and the heart of the Qur’an is Yasin. Allah records anyone who recites Yasin as having recited the Qur’an ten times.”
    [Sunan Tirmidhi, Vol 2, Page 116 - Sunan Daarimi, Vol 2, Page 336]

Jazak allah

Comment

BarakALLAH>>>>>>
      Hadrat Anas Radi ALLAH Taala Anhu reported that the Messenger of Allah Peace And Blessings Be Upon Him has said, “Everything has a heart, and the heart of the Qur’an is Yasin. Allah records anyone who recites Yasin as having recited the Qur’an ten times.”

Comment

jazakallah

Comment

jazakAllah brother thanks for the reminder
          میں نےجو کیا وہ برا کیا،میں نے خود کو خود ہی تباہ کیا

جو تجھے پسند ہو میرے رب،مجھے اس ادا کی تلاش ہے

http://www.123muslim.com/discussion-...d-arround.html

Comment

Jub Dam-e-wapasi ho Ya-Allah
            Samne ho Jalwa-e-Mustafa
            Lub pe Ho
            LA ILAHA ILLALLAH MUHAMMEDOUR RASOOLULLAH

Comment

ANY THING DONE FOR A GOOD CAUSE IS A PRAYER

Comment

Originally posted by Naqshbandi View Post
                When the Day of Judgment comes, we will without doubt all desire to steer clear from our sins and wish that we had done more good deeds that would be a cause for removal of our bad deeds.

Of much interest to us Muslims these days should be the fasting the 9th and the 10th of Muharram. The Prophet, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, said about the voluntary fasting on the Day of `Aashoraa:

"It expiates the sins of the preceding year." [Saheeh Muslim]

Ibn `Abbas, radhiallahu `anhu, reported: "The Prophet, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, came to al-Madeenah and saw the Jews fasting on the day of `Aashooraa. He asked them about that. They replied, "This is a good day, the day on which Allah rescued Baani Israaeel from their enemy. So Moosa observed fast on this day." The Prophet said, "We have more claim over Moosa than you." So the Prophet, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, observed fast on that day and ordered (the Muslims) to observe fast (on that day)." [Saheeh al-Bukhari, Muslim]

Ibn `Abbas also reported, "The Messenger of Allah fasted on the day of `Aashooraa and ordered the people to fast on it. The people said, "O Messenger of Allah, it is a day that the Jews and Christians honor." The Prophet, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, said, "When the following year comes - Allah willing - we shall fast on the ninth." The death of the Prophet, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, came before the following year." [Saheeh Muslim, Abu Dawood]

Moreover, in his well-known book, Fiqh As-Sunnah, the late Sheikh Sayyed Sabiq states:

Abu Hurayrah reported: "I asked the Prophet: 'Which Prayer is the best after the obligatory Prayers?' He said: 'Prayer during the mid of the night.' I asked: 'Which fasting is the best after that of Ramadan?' He said, 'The month of Allah that you call Muharram’" (Ahmad, Muslim, and Abu Dawud).

Mu`awiyyah ibn Abi Sufyan reported that he heard the Messenger of Allah say: "Concerning the day of `Ashura’, it is not obligatory upon you to fast on it as I do. Whoever wishes may fast and whoever does not wish to is not obliged to do so" (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

So it is recommended to fast on the 10th of Muharram and the 9th along with it as well.
                Jazakallah

Comment

May Allah bless all Muslim Ummah to follow the teachings and observe the fasting on 9 and 10th Muharram. Ameen and Jazakallah for quoting the Hadiths.

Comment

Originally posted by Farooq Samana View Post
                    May Allah bless all Muslim Ummah to follow the teachings and observe the fasting on 9 and 10th Muharram. Ameen and Jazakallah for quoting the Hadiths.

Comment

Jazaqallah nice sharing jeee

Our Lord! grant us good in this world

and good in the hereafter,
                      and save us from the chastisement of the fire

Comment

BarakALLAH

Comment

i am very happy i join the 123 muslim i am not wright in English and not speak english

Comment

jazzak Allah thanks for sharing
                            sigpic
                            ایک ھوں مسلم حرم کی پاسبانی کے لیے
                            نیل کے سا حل سے لے کرتابخاکِ کاشغر

Comment

Originally posted by nadir khan View Post
                              i am very happy i join the 123 muslim i am not right in English and not speak english
                              welcome brother to the forum. all of us are here to improve our selves and improving by the grace of Allah insha Allah U will find all here most cooperative and helpful in all fields. May U Succeed in Improving ur life in Good terms after joining this Forum. ameen
                              sigpic
                              ایک ھوں مسلم حرم کی پاسبانی کے لیے
                              نیل کے سا حل سے لے کرتابخاکِ کاشغر

Comment

Working...
                              X