Notice Issued to PTA Lahore High Court on ‘Facebook’ Ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice Issued to PTA Lahore High Court on ‘Facebook’ Ban

Lahore High Court (LHC) here Tuesday issued notice for May 19 (today) to Secretary Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) in a petition seeking ban on Facebook, networking web-site, in the country for the web-site’s attempt to hold competition of drawing caricatures of Holy Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.). The petitioner Chaudhry Zulfiqar filed the petition on behalf of the Islamic Lawyers Movement.

Aik hu Muslim Haram ki pasbani kay liye Neel kay saahil se lekar Tabkhak-e-Kashghar

He said that on Facebook, a competition was announced on April 20, which would run till May 20. In the competition, all of the members of the web-site were invited to draw their caricatures to participate in the competition. Chaudhry Zulfiqar said no practice, against the religion, could be allowed in the country. He pointed that the web-site, having various features against the injunctions of Islam, is already banned in various countries. China, United Arab Emirates, Iran and Saudi Arabia have imposed ban on the web-site, he maintained.
    He said that in Pakistan, there are 45 million users of the said web-site and the PTA was responsible of spread of this network in Pakistan. The PTA has already blocked various web-sites in the country but why it was reluctant to ban Facebookin the country, he questioned.
    The petitioner conveyed that the whole Muslim nation was highly concerned about the competition, which was carried out to hurt their religious feelings. He therefore prayed to the court to issue directions to PTA to put an immediate ban on the use of the web-site in the country.

thats very good i hope they agree on this petition, why use the site that is against our religion taking actions tht will afect our religion i hope as many muslims as possible leave the site or facebook ban the competition
    “The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.”

Comment

its a good step
      they should not bring religion in btw
      میں نےجو کیا وہ برا کیا،میں نے خود کو خود ہی تباہ کیا

جو تجھے پسند ہو میرے رب،مجھے اس ادا کی تلاش ہے

http://www.123muslim.com/discussion-...d-arround.html

Comment

its good to know even china banned it

Comment

I will Quite Facebook.... from this movement....
          Jub Dam-e-wapasi ho Ya-Allah
          Samne ho Jalwa-e-Mustafa
          Lub pe Ho
          LA ILAHA ILLALLAH MUHAMMEDOUR RASOOLULLAH

Comment

jo bhi is compitition me hissa le gha inshaallah akhrat me to us ko saza meleghi hi dunya me bhi is ki saza zaroor ba zaroor dehkhe gha. Inshaallah.
            face book ka auother yaqinan yahoodi hogha is le hum musalmano ko chaye k hum is per mukammal pabandi lagha dey.@@@@ allah hum musalmano ko itefaq nasseeb farmaye @@@@@@@@@@ aamin

Comment

Good step but where are our coward leaders who dont have courage to stop it through diplomatic channels.
              As Mufti Muneeb ur Rehman Sahab said a group should go and meet the religious personalities of jews and christians and get this issue solved through this mean.
              Hadrat Anas Radi ALLAH Taala Anhu reported that the Messenger of Allah Peace And Blessings Be Upon Him has said, “Everything has a heart, and the heart of the Qur’an is Yasin. Allah records anyone who recites Yasin as having recited the Qur’an ten times.”
              [Sunan Tirmidhi, Vol 2, Page 116 - Sunan Daarimi, Vol 2, Page 336]

Comment

having various features against the injunctions of Islam, is already banned in various countries. China, United Arab Emirates, Iran and Saudi Arabia have imposed ban on the web-site, he maintained.
                its bann only in pakistan
                heard in the news

Comment

acha kiya bann ker diya

Comment

Working...
                  X