Eid Special Recipes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eid Special Recipes....

On the special day of Eid every culture has a special famous dish that they make. I thinking and wanted to know what u the other sisters on the forum make on Eid day.

In Pakistan and India SAVAYAHHH is the most popular dish for eid day. Its a sweet dish made with milk and toasted vermicelli noodles.
    Here how to make it and u will be amazed how simple it is to make it with in 20 mins its ready

Ingredients :
    a.) Vermicelli noodle.
    b.) Milk.
    c.) Sugar.
    d.) Ghee / Butter / Edible Oil (small amount is needed like about 3-4 tablespoons)
    e.) Cardamom.
    f.) Cashew nut.
    g.) Raisin/dried dates

Steps:
    Proportion of vermicelli and Milk is important. 1 liter of milk is only sufficient to cook less than 100gms of vermicelli depending on the thickness of milk u want in final recipe. (the thickness is up to u. i personally like is less think)
    • Roast the vermicelli till brown in Ghee or Butter or Oil.
    • Cut dry fruits in small pieces. Can add different dry fruits depending on taste.
    • Boil milk with dry fruits pieces and 2-3 flakes of cardamom.
      Note:Easy way of stopping milk from spilling is to either keep it stirring or boil on light flame.
    • Even if boiling on light flame, stir milk periodically. You will find milk cream to stick on
      sides of the container as milk boils further. Scratch these from sides and mix them well in
      the milk. This cream finally adds taste to your recipe.
    • Let the milk boil till it start turning yellowish. This is the sign that a sufficient amount of
      water has evaporated and milk has become somewhat thick.
    • Add roasted vermicelli.
    • Add sugar to taste.
    • Stir well and let the vermicelli cook in milk.
    • Further boiling will cook vermicelli noodle and make the milk more thicker.
    • Stop boiling when vermicelli is cooked (takes about 10 mins) or mix is sufficiently thick.

Some people may like a thin mix than a thick one. like me so i don't wait much for the milk to go thick
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, Help me to remember that, your love is greater than my disappointments & your plans For my life are better than my dreams..

Kheer - Rice Pudding

Ingredients:

1 cup of cooked basmati rice (long grain rice)

8 green cardamom pods crushed

2 tablespoons rose essence

2 tablespoons ground pistachio nuts

71/2 cups of whole milk

12 tablespoons sugar

Method:

The rice is to be ground finely and placed in a saucepan with the cardamoms. Add 6 3/4 cups of milk and boil over medium heat stirring continuously. Add remaining milk and cook over a medium heat until the rice mixture thickens to a creamy consistency. Add sugar and the rose water and continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Serve chilled, and garnished with nuts.
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, Help me to remember that, your love is greater than my disappointments & your plans For my life are better than my dreams..

Comment

Lemon pepper steak

Ingredients
      1/2 lb - grilling steak (i.e. Rib Eye or Strip Loin), cut 2 cm thick
      1 tsp - cracked black peppercorns
      1/3 cup - beef stock
      1/2 tsp - butter
      2 tsp - lemon juice
      pinch - salt
      pinch - grated lemon rind

Method
      The fat from the steak needs to be trimmed. Press peppercorns onto both sides. Barbecue or broil steak, turning once, for 6 minutes or until the color changes to brown but rare inside. Transfer to heated plate, sprinkle with salt. Tent with foil and let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet on medium heat. Add stock, lemon rind and juice; bring to a boil, stirring for about 2 minutes or until syrupy. Pour in any juices that have accumulated on steak plate. Serve sauce drizzled over steak.

Comment

Shikampuri Kebab
        Ingredients
        Mutton pieces (from the leg) 1/2 kg,
        Chana dal (split gram)1/3 cup,
        Green chillies, whole 3-4 or to taste,
        Ginger-garlic paste 1 tablespoon,
        Chilli powder 2 teaspoons or to taste,
        Black cardamom 4,
        Bay leaves 4,
        Cinnamon sticks 4,
        Cloves 6,
        Salt to taste,
        Yoghurt 1/2 cup,
        Garam masala (mixed spices) powder 1-1/2 teaspoons,
        Green chillies, finely chopped 2-3,
        Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped 1/3 cup,
        Fresh mint leaves, finely chopped 2 tablespoons,
        Fresh cream or hung yoghurt 1/2 kg,
        Lime juice 3 or 4 tablespoons,
        Eggs, lightly beaten 2,
        Oil or ghee(clarified milk) to fry.

Method
        Place cream or hung yoghurt in the refrigerator overnight or until firm. Put the meat along with the spices ,covered with water, into a pot. Boil until the meat is tender and make sure that all the water has evaporated. Remove from the pot and discard the chillies and whole spices. The meat needs to be ground into a fine paste without adding water. Add the yoghurt, garam masala(mixed spices) powder, coriander leaves, mint leaves and lime juice to the ground meat and mix well. Divide the meat mixture into equal parts. Take a portion of the paste and roll it into a ball between your palms. Flatten slightly and make an indentation in the center of the meat which is to be filled with a spoonful of the cream or yoghurt.Fold the ground paste over to seal. All the kebabs are to be made in this way and dipped in beaten egg. Shake off any excess .They are to be fried in hot clarified milk or oil until the color changes into a golden brown.
        Last edited by expert; 09-03-2010, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Very nice jeee

Our Lord! grant us good in this world

and good in the hereafter,
          and save us from the chastisement of the fire

Comment

jazakAllah sis
            thanks for sharing
            میں نےجو کیا وہ برا کیا،میں نے خود کو خود ہی تباہ کیا

جو تجھے پسند ہو میرے رب،مجھے اس ادا کی تلاش ہے

http://www.123muslim.com/discussion-...d-arround.html

Comment

Beef Fried Rice

Ingredients:
              1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
              2 Tablespoons Fresh Minced Garlic
              1 Teaspoon Sugar
              1/2 Teaspoon Salt
              4 Cups Cooked Long Grain Rice
              2 Large Eggs
              1/4 Cup Green Onions Chopped
              1/2 tsp pepper

Information:
              Serving Size 6
              320 Calories Per Serving
              9 Grams Of Fat

Cooking Directions:
              The first step is to brown the ground beef, Once cooked through drain off fat and add the fresh minced garlic, sugar, half of your chopped green onions and salt and mix until sugar is melted and all is well blended. Once that is done add the beef mixture to the cooked long grain rice and return to the oven and heat till you reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. about 5-10 minutes. In a large skillet cook your eggs and finely chop or shred them. Add the cooked eggs to the beef and eggs and mix well. Top your dish with the rest of the chopped green onions. This dish is best served with some wooden chopsticks!

Comment

Shahi chicken korma

Ingredients
                1/2 cup oil
                1 cardamom
                1 tsp chilli powder
                1 kg chicken pieces
                1 tsp coriander powder
                1 pinch nutmeg (jaifal)
                2 tbsp garlic-ginger paste
                4 green cardamoms
                5 tbsp yoghurt
                5 onions, medium-sized
                8 cloves
                10 whole black peppers
                Salt to taste
                A few drops of khewra essence

Method
                Slice the onions finely and fry on low flame till they are golden-brown. Remove the fried onion from the oil and keep aside. Now add all the spices, except nutmeg and yoghurt, in the oil and add a little water to prevent burning. Mix well. Add the chicken pieces and fry for a couple of minutes on high flame.

Add about a cup of water, or as much as needed, and cover. Now crush the fried onions and mix with yoghurt, and add to the chicken. Mix well, cover and cook at medium flame till the chicken is done. Add a little water if the gravy is too dry. Just before taking off the heat, add a pinch of nutmeg and a few drops of khewra essence. Garnish with finely cut ginger and coriander leaves. Serve hot with naan.

Comment

thanks sis

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	gulabjamun.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	54845
                    Ingredients

250 gm lasa khoya

2 tsp sooji(semolina)

1/4 tsp soda

1 tbsp flour

1/2 tsp ghee

1 cup sugar

1/2 beaten egg

2 cup water

Method

Add beaten egg, sooji, soda, flour and ghee in lasa khoya. Mix it well like a dough.Begin to knead gently, and continue to do so until the entire mass comes together into a ball. At this stage, as you knead, your palms should become greasy. Make small balls.

If the ball breaks apart, knead and then roll into a ball.

Fry the balls on low flame. Oil should not be so hot.
                    Bring water and sugar to a boil.Drop these balls into the boiling sugar syrup one at a time. These balls will double in size when done, so make sure there is enough room in your pan. You can serve them with or without sugar syrup.

Comment

thanks sis

Comment

thanx sis nice sharing

Comment

do u cook sis

Comment

yh i can cook abit i am still learning wat abt you

Comment

Yes i love cooking

Comment

Working...
                              X